And today I did......

velomaniac":lljo7047 said:
Those paths are very familiar to me Iron Tam, so what do you think of the safety bike :D
I'm well happy with it.

Tar for all the feedback. Enjoying the ability to freewheel so far, need to throw it up some steeper gradients to test the gear ratio. Think my Decal nouse needs a bit of work, already looking a bit rough.

Still need to dig through the pedal bin at the bike station to find a 175 LHS pedal, currently sports a 170.

Yesterday I gave myself a ZZ haircut, near bald as the proverbial coot now, does look good though :LOL:

Today I stood in respectful silence at the war memorial for the rememberance parade, something very moving about a pipe band playing as the wreaths are laid.

Just readjusted the gearing on my 50's fixie roadster to 2:1, with its baloon tyres I can sneak up on and roll over small children and animals :LOL: This may be my not taking it at all seriously steed for SSEC2011 in Belgium :D

Now hoping it'll stop peeing down at least a couple of hours before darkness so I can have a wee cycle ride :roll:

I had to use a hot air gun on the childrens bikes to free the frost off the chains and rear mech but gave up when I realised the brakes were also frozen - went by car instead as we had run out of time. After a family ride in the mud yesterday, I had hosed all the bikes down to clean them. :LOL:

Built my Cotic back up over the weekend having given up on the Mythic. I just can't get it to handle how i want it to. I'm hoping the Mythic sells, if not i'm going to have to re-think the spec. Basically the bottom bracket is too low and the seat angle is too steep for all round use.
If it stays its going to get a longer fork which will correct both problems but the head angle will be too slack so I will have to fit an angled headset- Cane Creek do one that is adjustable from +1.5deg to -1.5 deg.

So plan to use that headset with a 170mm Lyric fork and some shorter 165mm crank arms. Also going to go 10 speed with a 12/36 cassette to help winch it up the hills. Wider bars are also on the wishlist. This should turn it from Misfire to Spitfire around Thrunton.

Desperately want this bike to work. It has huge potential but is a sack of poo at the moment.

Sorted out the chop list over the weekend. Fat Yo Eddy, Pace RC100 and a Kona are to go. Also going to have a big clearout of parts and get some stuff on evilbay.

Finally found a few more bits for the unicorn build. But keep getting outbid on headsets- 6th one went west yesterday. :roll:

Spend yesterday building one of these in preparation for the snow season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVuMPnJq ... r_embedded

205003-large.jpg

miniKen bought it with his own money - £43 from Costco.

very cool TK :cool:

Is that the white Yo your selling Si?

In the weekend sourced the last bit of the yo geared transformation from singapore and Last night I touched up the orange wicked- the forks went off to the powdercoaters this morning- need to find the thread where Dr S explains how to buff up black powsdercoat to look like paint.....

clockworkgazz":caef0rm5 said:
very cool TK :cool:

Is that the white Yo your selling Si?

In the weekend sourced the last bit of the yo geared transformation from singapore and Last night I touched up the orange wicked- the forks went off to the powdercoaters this morning- need to find the thread where Dr S explains how to buff up black powsdercoat to look like paint.....

No, white Yo went a long time ago. Its in the Czech republic now. Its the grellow Yo that is going (if anyone buys it that is).

Back