Chas Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.O.X-catalogue scans too...

Woodsman":3yu9nzcu said:
Very nice mister! :)

I'm having a Dogs' built at the moment, to my own design.

I wonder how many are still going strong, is there a register of sorts? A nerdy request I know but it could prove useful...?

Thanks bud, im sure your goina love yours, bristish steel will always last, as for a register existing im sure your builder will have a pretty accurate log of his customer base from day one, roberts does have a real loyal following, most of the good english frame builders custom build a frame to last its owners lifetime, there customers are loyal, and many return to buy again, its in comparison to the rest of the mountain bike marketplace, still a smaller, dare i say "cottage industry", he may be happy to give you the quantities, but anymore than that i think he would probably worry he was giving his customer base away !!!!! I know i would, :cry:

I'll put up a post or start a new thread when I get it, probably before xmas!

Yeah, what I mean't in register was a email type group, on here maybe. It could have been useful in designing my Dogs', iron out any long term weaknesses - if any, tube specs etc at the design stage. A bit late for me, as it was due to be started this week!

Are the chainstays, and seat stays totally sealed on your Dogs' Sinnerman? Just that I'm wondering if that's a good idea, or have holes that I can Waxoyl/Framesaver. ?

Cheers

Woodsman":2t4wp68t said:
I'll put up a post or start a new thread when I get it, probably before xmas!

Yeah, what I mean't in register was a email type group, on here maybe. It could have been useful in designing my Dogs', iron out any long term weaknesses - if any, tube specs etc at the design stage. A bit late for me, as it was due to be started this week!

Are the chainstays, and seat stays totally sealed on your Dogs' Sinnerman? Just that I'm wondering if that's a good idea, or have holes that I can Waxoyl/Framesaver. ?

Cheers

Please see below your answer to the same question given by someone else from a previous thread.............!!!!!!!
Get some 'Waxoyl' from Halfords or similar, spray it into the tubes and that should keep it quiet - I've used the stuff for decades at work, works well at keeping corrosion at bay

I hope you dont mind, but ive quoted yourself, on the above question,
as for long term weaknesses, i think you are panicking over nothing there, if you have ordered a custom built roberts, "and a dogs" im pretty confident that given the time line of this frame, and the fact that, its custom built for you, any problems or design flaws can be changed at the design stage anyway, and lets face it you are in the very best of hands after all, as for rust well, you have pretty much answered your own questions on previous threads, but in all honesty, your own handbuilt/designed brand new model, straight out of the roberts frame shop, will have been treated for rust prior to your paint choice, and im very confident that if you have a problem of any kind, they are not only a great bunch of boys, but it will come with a guarantee of craftsmanship anyway.....so you could certainly take it back "IF" you were to have any problems, which im sure you wont.

I shall really look forward to seeing your frame and build thread, your choices and ideas behind you brand new frame.....i bet your getting excited now, it must be only a matter of weeks before you take delivery....?????????????????????????????????????????????? :cool: :cool: :cool:

frame specs for the 1993 vintage

Roberts called it there ultimate competition frameset, race tested by Dave Hemmings......!!!!!!!

Frame specs for 1993 vintage---

Ultra stiff Columbus Max main frame.
Composite rear stays--
---Extra stiff 4130 horseshoe to minimize brake flex
---Silver soldered Reynolds 753 stays
---Columbus SL monostay
---Massive clearances to eliminate mud build up.
---White powdercoat base, finished in D.O.G.S.B.O.L.X team colours.
---Custom Roberts stem built individually to suit each frame.

id love a bespoke roberts,roughly how much are they? itll take a while to save but youve gotta have a goal,and ive owned a pace ;)

I know what you're saying Sinnerman, but that wasn't my question. I don't think the rear triangle has any holes to apply Waxoyl - not on the new ones anyway. Even in the BB shell - the seat and down tube do.

That's an interesting list ot tubes, non of those are used anymore on the current DB, mainly due to them not being available/superseeded.

wired99":1nfs4bac said:
That is ultra cool! Love white frames :cool:

Thanks wired, and also thank you again for the effort with that pic you sent me. :cool:

Woodsman":2q8tzqd3 said:
I know what you're saying Sinnerman, but that wasn't my question. I don't think the rear triangle has any holes to apply Waxoyl - not on the new ones anyway. Even in the BB shell - the seat and down tube do.

That's an interesting list ot tubes, non of those are used anymore on the current DB, mainly due to them not being available/superseeded.

I realise that, i was just going off topic as there has been a recent thread on the entire frame treatment/prevention topic... that was all.

I am baffled as to why you are worrying/thinking about this as an issue as you are going to be buying a brand new modern frame using up to date currently avaliable frame tubing.

as for the tubing differences, this is why i wanted an example, that was from my era...and ive always had a fasination with the way builders designed there frames/chose there tubing specs, and mostly what the differences were in how they rode, hence the reason im building the lloyd, one frame was mainly columbus and the other reynolds 753.

at last i will be able to see for myself. :cool:

Back