Bleed tube Question

hesdownagain

Old School Hero
hi. i need to get a tube for brake bleeding. i've looked on ebay and the one's for sale seem to be inside dia 4.2mm. i assume these are for cars , any idea if these will fit a hope M4 caliper ?.. are all bleed nips on bikes the same size. thanks ?.. :LOL:

Attachments

• zzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzz.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,055
I use a short piece of standard clear piping,not sure what size it is:?
I heat the end then push in onto the nipple,that way it stretches over :D

I got the tubing from a pet store for fish type things,pumps etc.

Yes, as far as im aware all or 99% bleed nipples are the same

Basically if it fits tightly over and doesnt fall off each time you open or shut the nipple then its good enough.

I bought a Hope bleeding kit. All I use from it is the bleed pipe....... May be worth asking if they sell them as a spare.

It needs to be clear so you can see if their are air bubbles.

Hope nipples are bigger than anyone elses. Avid need to be screw INTO the caliper. They are by no means universal.

dbmtb":28wozpeo said:
I bought a Hope bleeding kit. All I use from it is the bleed pipe.......

So you didn't spray hydraulic fluid everywhere when you pressurised the system like I did? :oops: The Hope bleed kit is good as long as you make sure it is all air-tight before you begin bleeding the system. I found it easier to pump the lever and keep on topping up the reservoir to flush the new fluid through. Then close the bleed nipple halfway through a lever stroke. Worked fine for me,

REKIBorter":2zmry1gs said:
keep on topping up the reservoir to flush the new fluid through. Then close the bleed nipple halfway through a lever stroke. Worked fine for me,

Just found this way easier than faffing around blowing up tyres and wotnot....

You still have to check the system after you've pressurised it anyway so amount of time spent is pretty much the same.

Back