£4,400 for the new Orange 5 SE!!!!!!!

brocklanders023":3cyhhcap said:
Simple fact is that the new XTR and top end Fox forks have gone up loads. The 5 Pro is only a little bit more but has gone from full XT to an XT/SLX mix. I guess that's so it keeps to a certain price point. The SE is and always has been the 5 with all the best parts regardless of price.
Which is why I'm waiting for mine to arrive now,5 weeks for a "Made in Britain" frame ,and having ridden some of the more exotic frames in my "long" time oneof the best all round bikes I have ever ridden.And as this is my first "new" complete bike since 1993 I recon there must be something right about it !! ;)

Ooooo, which one you gone for Sidewinder? I think boy"O"boy's just got a 2011 as well.

I decided I couldn't afford a new one so am picking up a 2009 5 AM today. At least I don't have to wait! :cool: Be interested to see how it rides compared to my old 2006.

Gone for the pro the spec was better than the AM and better suited to my style of riding (crap ;) ) so should be here within the next 2 weeks !! :LOL: :LOL:

:cool:

I've found a use for my '07 5 Pro (which hasn't been ridden since February!), I'm gonna winterise it and keep the Cube for summer use

The RetroMod Clockwork will be used all year round

I'm sure your 5 Pro will be worth the wait Sidewinder, mine was!

Well I've just got back from a 200 mile round trip for mine and I'm well pleased. Think the slacker angles may take some getting used to though. Like the travel adjustment on the 36 Talas. :cool:

I'd have gone for the Pro if buying new as well. AM's a bit over kill for me but I wanted a 2009 or newer frame, the forks are good and it has a maxel rear (which I would have specced on a new one).

Just for instance check out Cube bikes and there prices compared to Orange.
The same specced bike from Cube is around the 3K mark and they are a far superior ride in every way.

Which Cube (or any other brand, for that matter) has full 2011 XTR for £3k? The Cube Stereo HPC SL has XTR and costs - surprise! - £4,400.

MikeD":s23krgsz said:
Just for instance check out Cube bikes and there prices compared to Orange.
The same specced bike from Cube is around the 3K mark and they are a far superior ride in every way.

Which Cube (or any other brand, for that matter) has full 2011 XTR for £3k? The Cube Stereo HPC SL has XTR and costs - surprise! - £4,400.

The HPC is CARBON, of course its going to be more!! the Orange is alloy thats exactly what im on about, you can have a carbon xtr for the price fo an alloy Orange

As far as I can tell Cube doesn't do any aluminium XTR FS bikes, so your comparison is as inadequate as mine. But it's moot anyway - it's basic economics. Orange does about 5,000 bikes a year, Cube does about a quarter of a million. One of these companies has better economies of scale and buying power than the other. I'll let you work out which is which :)

Back