Help me keep my feet warm!!

Seal Skinz goes for me too. It's one of the best I've used so far so obviously I'm wondering how it didn't work for others. Maybe it depends on the severity weather and how it's being used.

I ride all year round in all weathers for 30 + milers and I've used seal skin socks before, still have 'em somewhere. They were okay but you really can't beat wool socks, even when they get wet they are still quite warm.

My circulation for my extremities can't be great because my toes used to suffer when my mate's weren't, that was until I started wearing wool socks. I use Woolie Boolie socks, Winter boots and overshoes and they keep my feet pretty warm even in the depths of Winter. :D

Has anyone tried the Sealskinz Ultra lights? they look to be ankle height and more intended for cycling.
Tbh I wear shorts for 99% of the year, it's only my feet that feel the cold, so ankle height socks would work better for me IMO

I got some good work socks from SAS workwear,designed to wear in your rigger boots/wellies
They're called Tog2.3 about twice as thick as standard boot socks and seriously warmer.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MENS-HEAT-HOLDERS ... 0270014136

Might be too thick for spd shoes but if its normal bike boots they should fit no problem.

Makes a great Xmas prezzie for dear old Dad ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm not sure I can recommend the Shimano MW80 winter shoe. its fine for the cold & light surface spray, but for deep surface water & torrential rain when water enters the top of the shoe, the water cant escape. I've had the exact same experience with goretex socks & sealskinz.

I used to suffer really bad in the winter months, so eventually I gave in and bought some Shimano goretex boots.... best investment ever... I also use a pair of wool hiking socks which are ace as a combination... ;)

The thing you have to remember though is make sure there is enough room within the shoe/boot so they are not tight or that will cut off circulation and make things worse.. ;)

I've tried sealskins and tbh ,, think they are pants... but a lot of people swear by them.. or at them ...

As scant has said though water does eventually get in through the top of the boot,,, but so far I've no more problems with cold feet... Shimano winter boots thumbs up here..;)

Get some proper winter SPD boots, don't fanny around with socks and over-shoes that may/may not work. Personally I like Specialized Defrosters but Shimano MW80 are good too. Always buy a size large than you would normally take so when it gets really really cold you can wear a thicker sock.

I bought a pair of the Specialzed Defrosters a couple of weeks ago and got to say that I can't rate them, so far my feet have got soaked in the rain and got cold when it's cold. They are marginally warmer than my NorthWave summer vented shoe but that could be due to the thicker socks I'm wearing!

Been out today and bought a real thick pair of merino wool socks to try out on the Marin trail tomorrow night, here's hoping :?

Thanks for all the replies so far folks. I'm swaying towards the Sealskinz Ultra Light socks which seem to have favourable reviews and can be found for £20 or so.
I'd like to have a seperate pair of winter cycling shoes but at present I'm not sure I do enough winter cycling to get my moneysworth from a pair of £100+ shoes/boots. Maybe I'll look into them again before next winter.

But please keep any suggestions coming, I'm going to give it about a week or so before I buy anything.

Back