1978 dawes

chris86

Old School Hero
found it in the woods,it had benn partially set on fire and was in a state
dawes-2.jpg

dawes1-1.jpg

stripped it back to a single speed,new 700c forks,alex wheels with scott hubs,flat bars,selle italia flite titanim saddle on primo post original cranks and pedals
PICT0433.jpg

rides really nice,smooth and fast.
not bad for standing me less than 50quid

Well, I've heard of (and seen) cars being taken down the woods and torched - but never a bike!

I hope it appreciates the TLC you've obviously shown it ;)

it belonged to a hobo who lived in the woods,his hobo hut went up in flames and he left the bike and moved somewere else,that was more than a year ago so i didnt think hed want a half cooked bike.

It looks surprisingly good.

If you are going to keep a 'rat look' by not repainting the burnt section, I'd recommend waxing or clearcoating it though.

im undecided,i quite like it looking tatty,but at the same time im tempted to repaint it but in a nicer blue and get some graphics made up.

That looks really good, nice save.
I really like the ratty scorched look, personally I'd run it like that (after clearcoating as Nick suggested).
BRB, setting fire to bike :LOL:

oh definitely keep the burns, its such a good story! if you repaint you'll be destroying the history of the bike

any body got any idea what the seat tube size is on these old dawes,its a touch smaller than 26.6 but im struggeling to buy a post to fit.

iv no idea if that would fit the frame,and i cant remeber the gearing,its the standard large front ring that was with the bike and i think the rear is either 16t or 18t bit awkward with uphill but hell its fast on the flat and downhill.

Back