Dave Lloyd, Reynolds 753 fillet "chaos theory"...

Everything looks great so far, but I'm far & away most impressed with the polishing wheel, brilliant! :LOL:

elPedro666":5r30mf7r said:
Everything looks great so far, but I'm far & away most impressed with the polishing wheel, brilliant! :LOL:

thank you, the polishing wheel has been a godsend ...i have cut down on the of man hours massively....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lewis1641":7owz26ar said:
is the frame back yet?

sadly not, i havnt even had a phone call, i was away (business) yesterday, perhaps threy tried to ring .....?

im going to ring them on monday....and really hold my breath....fingers still crossed.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the frames of legends...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lewis1641":2nmuvwjx said:
i'm liking your self quote in your sig by the way!

cheers----i think its a pretty accurate statement,.....it is us, the underpaid masses, that are the true makers of legends....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a point there sinnerman,I mean who had heard of an "overburys" before a couple turned up on here :?:

marin man":2wl4gucj said:
You have a point there sinnerman,I mean who had heard of an "overburys" before a couple turned up on here :?:

simple answer to that is those who were actually there back in the day..!!!
all i can say is that if this is the case im glad, that they have found there way back to the forefront........i mean come on, custom builders at the begininng of it all, quality quality quality,.................i hadnt realised untill recently they wernt regarded as anything.... less than awesum, i certainly didnt realise they werent well known....!!!!! i know that the bike trade has always been riddled with high quality marketing ads, continually brain washing the masses, even overburys themselves jumped in, when the orange boys got a good footing based in halifax, overburys didnt like that, there next ad was a pioneer, with piles of oranges beneath its feet(SO TO SPEAK) there is a thread with it on here, as of late, it did surprise me when it popped up, i know the firms on its knees now(sadly), but i alway thought overburys were well known to all!!

But as i stated, the frames of legends cant become legenday, untill we ride them, a couple of people pick up a cheap frame 20 years later, say its good, and a following starts up all over again.......
"we the riders are the makers of legends..........!!!!! sinnerman 13/11/10

Dude you have hit the nail on the head with a bloody big hammer.
Who would have thought that a few old bike frames from 20+ years ago would be so desired now, just look at the Alpinestar. They where never really that popular when they where launched, a few riders had them and only a few shops stocked them, most went for the safe option of Cannondales and the usual suspects, but know they get strong money, even for rubbish ones.

Personally I was never that keen on things like Overburys, it all seemed to elitist to have a custom made bike especially when you where funding your riding + racing through Saturday jobs and paper rounds.

It’s us, the owners and riders that make them special.

glad to have just found this thread. will follow it to the end now. very interesting to read the reasons for you wanting and building this bike up.

will wait with interest for the next "chapter" in the story.

oh,yes the polishing wheel is v.v.good too!

Back