Dad's Army Peak Ride - The Aftermath

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hey all!

great ride!

Just got back with Hilts and John -

I feel thoroughly beaten up and I think the Salsa needs stripping right back to the bone and rebuilding but hey!

Awesome stuff. Really had a good laugh out there riding (and walking) in the cloud of fog yesterday ;)

Heres my highlight recap (in no order):

1) Great people!
2) Heathy and his affectionate "good looking" Chewitts eating sheep
3) Gus's 1/4 of a point in the quiz
4) Mr Ks amazing organisational skills and wonderful preparation ;)
5) TinTin and his general 'just being there' :)
6) Jangos amazing ability to make me ruin the whole days "healthiness" in one fail swoop last night
7) Falling off loads and not killing myself on the rocks. Seeing Heathy crash which induced me to crash. Laughing everytime as I went down.
8. Hilts for being great and not giving up even when his Kona exploded.
9) Ruining my Salsa ;) (and also ruining Mr Ks borrowed salsa top - thanks again mate!)

Well done all!!!!

Can't wait for the pic's...What a top top ride :D
It was great seeing you guys again, and some other members too.
Some of my highlights were.....

1. The tamest sheep Ive ever seen :shock: and it ate chewits and
some of JV's peanut butter sandwich.

2. Going over the bars, looking round to check no one was looking
:oops: and seeing Jez on the deck too :LOL:

3. Counting how many times Hilts fell off on the flat :LOL:

4. The Peaks themselves...Awesome part of our country.

5. Jv's back tyre...exploding all on it's own.

6. Neil and Jo for organizing.

7. Thanks to I think his name was Keith, for helping with my rear mech.

8. You guys for a top ride.

Looking forward to the next one already.

Top ride gents :D

Thanks to everyone for making it over, good to meet some old and news faces. Big thanks also to Neil (and Mrs K) for organising another top event.

Other than a couple of mechanicals all bikes and bodies coped extremely well with the challenging Peaks terrain. So much for those who say the 'old' kit can't cope with anything other than the easiest terrain :LOL:

A few highlights off the top of my head

-The ride

-The rocks

-The crashes. Not sure who didn't crash.

-Jez and Kev for sending their disk drive'd up bikes down some rock strewn descents with some gusto .

-Kev riding drops :shock:

-Gonzales for turning up in box fresh tennis shoes and baggy shorts. And hacking his way round in a most respectable fashion.

-The pub afterwards :cool:

-Winning the quiz

-Heathy's nice looking, chewitt eating sheep.

-Gus's shortcut home via Blackpool

Looking forward to the pics now.

Comments from Ed from another thread....

orange71":1sa24u79 said:
I'd like to second all of that. I hadn't met anybody from the forum before this weekend, but you'll not find a nicer bunch of people. Can't wait for the next one.

That Ed Edwards bloke worried me though with his 1000 yard stare... Shocked

Top weekend and thanks to

Mrkawasaki - superb organisation from the pre-event information to the briefing on the day to the ride itself (he even bought along his own personal professional mechanic for lunchtime fettling duties). And arranging for the quiz to end 5 minutes before the rugby finished AND for England to win was a true masterstroke. The bar for Meets has been set even higher.

Wu-Tangled and MadCowKev - for accompanying me when I eschewed the shortcut after lunch that everyone else took offroad to Mam Tor and got some real work done on the road (through and off for 45 minutes at 25 mph does not tell the story). They had the good grace not to blame me for getting lost and the even better grace to not complain on the road climb out of Edale.

All - for general good humour and friendliness and for putting up with my snail like descending (I almost managed a track stand at one point on a smooth gentle grassy slope). I hope I didn't hold you up although putting an impressive spin on events I could say that I rode deliberately poorly to allow others to have a mid ride chat without feeling guilty. What a selfless fellow.

If you haven't been to a Meet before I'd say definitely do it if you can - everyone is very friendly (in an appropriate non mad eyed way although I was greeted by one person with "Hi, what tyres have you got?") and I came with my wife who is a non cyclist and who had a great time. And rest assured, you won't be at the back with me around

:D :D Many thanks for great weekend
Next time I'll stay on the bike more. At least the ol bike was in good order apart from the rear blocks giving up.
Great to meet more like minded folks ;)

Just HAD to do it...

"The tamest sheep Ive ever seen and it ate chewits and
some of JV's peanut butter sandwich. "

That was payment right Heathy? :cool: :cool: :LOL:

Attachments

• Heathy_flirts___.jpg
    Heathy_flirts___.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3,627
Great Pics Neil...

Top weekend one and all, thoroughly enjoyed every minute, even those after I'd just landed on my face for the 4th time...

Pub quiz was awesome, chat great, and we won the rugby...doesn't get better in my opinion..

Now, where are those Gorillas and Sigourney Weaver
main.php

Latest posts

Back