1975 Peugeot PR10 - project update. Thavenet Theme

daccordimark":22trstk9 said:
toomski":22trstk9 said:
I have now adjusted the saddle for those guys who it had disturbed.

Hope it was just the rake you were commenting on cos I like the 3TTT saddle.

Toomski

Sorry, it just looked painful to ride apart from the OCD aspect. It is a very nice looking bike and like others have said makes me keener on Peugeots than I was in the past.

Mark.

Yep, just the angle that it was positioned at. Much better now :D

And probably more comfortable.

Nice restoration !
But how come you've put a full 531 frame sticker when it's a PR which only has the front triangle made out of Reynolds steel, according to the catalogs ?

Cheers
Karl

I replaced the front forks with a set of Reynolds ones I had left over from another project. So not original but a better choice for me.
Visually more appealing as well.

So really the forks are an upgrade. I still have the originals, but in truth they are quite crude with seams, considering it was kind of second down from top in the range in '75.

Toomski

toomski":b5qsjrnm said:
I replaced the front forks with a set of Reynolds ones I had left over from another project. So not original but a better choice for me.
Visually more appealing as well.

So really the forks are an upgrade. I still have the originals, but in truth they are quite crude with seams, considering it was kind of second down from top in the range in '75.

Toomski

Still, the frame remains a PR with Reynolds 3 main tubes only when the sticker you used claims a full 531 frame like the PX/PY.

I'm sorry and I don't mean to offend you but that simply is cheating even if you don't intend to. Just think of the guy who buys that frame from you and sell it shortly after to someone who'll firmly believe it's a a top of the range Peugeot.

You wouldn't like that to happen to you, do you ?

You did a good resto job on that bike and I praise that but the sticker is plain wrong.

Reynolds 531

You are right.

I mistakenly have the wrong decal on the down tube.
Thanks for picking it up. I will get a new transfer from GTS.

As for selling it....ain't never gonna... this one is a keeper! Is a real joy to ride...just puts a smile on my face everytime.

Gears change up really sweetly..the simplex slj rear mech was definitely the best Simplex put out. Nice feel and flex to the bike. Turns in quick as hell to...get the power down...love it! Definitely a live one.

I have been stopped a couple of times by people just admiring the Pug..makes you chuckle eh!!

My father was also was well taken with it. You know what I did?.......

I gave it to him as a gift......

only one condition I can come and take her for a spin when I fancy.

Are you a Peugeot fan ?

If you are local I'll let you have a pedal...where are you hailing from?

I have two more projects I am building up.... A 1987 John Pavey and a 1980 Dave Lloyd so keep an eye out.

Attachments

• !B2Jc)vwB2k~$(KGrHqQOKioE)WJJF95bBMhTuWzbiw~~_3.jpg
    !B2Jc)vwB2k~$(KGrHqQOKioE)WJJF95bBMhTuWzbiw~~_3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 4,596
John Pavey up next

Heres the next one up.

Cool as a cucumber John Pavey.... almost done.... ain't going to be orange anymore though. I will start a new thread when this one is finished

Attachments

• pavey side.jpg
    pavey side.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 4,594
Before anyone says anything about the angle of the saddle on the Pavey..... yes it is changed. This pic was taken as purchased. ha! ha!

I enjoy getting hold of a bike

Here's an earlier bike I think came out alright -

I think I'll have to change the decals on this one as well. I do not want anyone thinking I am trying to blag them.....

Amazing how a new paint job just seems to change the nature of a bike

Attachments

• 01 Px10 before.jpg
    01 Px10 before.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 4,586
  • 02 68px after.jpg
    02 68px after.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 4,586
Back