South Yorkshire

So mikeekim you can organise a bit of a bimble at the minute. Will be good practice for you when you get to be an a.e.c.

lewis1641":2z2ipxlu said:
So mikeekim you can organise a bit of a bimble at the minute. Will be good practice for you when you get to be an a.e.c.

So Lewis, you would rather see Mikee as this areas AEC now?

Which part of Yorkshire or the North East do you live in again?

Dr S":215r42lu said:
lewis1641":215r42lu said:

He's Retro and lives in Humberside still, the part we didn't want anymore :LOL:

Dr S":3cmyo3g8 said:
lewis1641":3cmyo3g8 said:

I'm only giving the dude some encouragement- he clearly wants the role and what's not to say that at some point in the future he won't be an aec, or have you ruled that out completely.

My location says brigg which is in north lincolnshire. Don't know what that has got to do with anything? South yorkshire is less than an hour away from me so i'd be up for a ride there. I ride in east yorkshire too.

If there's a problem i'll stick to "my own" area.

lewis1641":6542vvxr said:
I'm only giving the dude some encouragement- he clearly wants the role and what's not to say that at some point in the future he won't be an aec, or have you ruled that out completely.

Good grief. I do not get to decide who is AEC.

If you remember i stepped aside in May this year after some people deemed i was not doing a good job. We then had no AEC for 3 months. Despite requests for someone to step forward, no one offered. The detractors went back into the woodwork, they didn't want to put themselves forward despite their bold opinions on how things should be run.
I came back after the BDW as the work that has been put in over the last two years was going to waste and there was no one apart from Chris and Ben, and Kaya in the Northeast willing to put on a ride at any level. In short, everyone lost out.

I don't want to do this forever- I do hope that someone with fresh ideas, more spare time and enthusiasm will step forward at some point in the future and do a better job than I do.
I also have the best interests of RetroBike and the people who come to these rides at heart (despite over 40 rides over the last few years i have yet to see you on one!). If you had been on the rides and witnessed the work that goes into them then i would accept your critique.

So, as an armchair critic, if you would like to see someone else take over this section, someone who cannot travel around this large area, someone who has not been on any of the rides or had any experience of leading large groups of up to 35 people across moorland, then there must be something wrong with the whole scheme of things. As nice a lad as mikee is, would him taking over be a step forward for this section? In a few years time and a with a little experience then yes, why not, but at this point in time....?

lewis1641":6542vvxr said:
My location says brigg which is in north lincolnshire. Don't know what that has got to do with anything? South yorkshire is less than an hour away from me so i'd be up for a ride there. I ride in east yorkshire too.

I don't go into the Lincs or Midlands section, having never taken part in any of their rides and start complaining about what they do. Is it fair that someone from outside this area who has not joined in on any of the rides starts to rattle the cage at such a tricky time as this?

Anyone is welcome to contribute to this section. Just please try and be a little more positive thats all. There is no problem as far as i am concerned. Remember that myself, Chris and the new deputy have volunteered to run these rides and put in a lot of hard work behind the scenes. Its hardly fair to be pulled apart for it. We are also just doing what we are asked to do from above, we don't make the rules remember.

We are keen to get more involved with Lincs next year and get a good working relationship with you guys as we do with Macretro- joint effort rides have been a success this year (and easier to get a good turnout for!). As a friend of Ben and Chris, and a leading light in the Lincs area we are hoping that you will help us foster these plans. I want you to continue to contribute to this section and hope you don't stick to "your own area". If that happens, again, we all lose out.

Lets draw a line under this now and allow the dust settle.

cheers
Si

Once again can I draw your attention toward this thread

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112948

Lets get your ideas, suggestions and wishes down so we can sort out a good spread of rides next year.

We need ideas and your thoughts on frequency, saturday or sunday rides, geographic spread, ride lengths etc etc.

Please contribute now, don't wait until the middle of next year and then complain that your needs are not being met!

thanks
Si

Dr S":3jn3sw13 said:
lewis1641":3jn3sw13 said:

Good grief. I do not get to decide who is AEC.

If you remember i stepped aside in May this year after some people deemed i was not doing a good job. We then had no AEC for 3 months. Despite requests for someone to step forward, no one offered. The detractors went back into the woodwork, they didn't want to put themselves forward despite their bold opinions on how things should be run.
I came back after the BDW as the work that has been put in over the last two years was going to waste and there was no one apart from Chris and Ben, and Kaya in the Northeast willing to put on a ride at any level. In short, everyone lost out.

I don't want to do this forever- I do hope that someone with fresh ideas, more spare time and enthusiasm will step forward at some point in the future and do a better job than I do.
I also have the best interests of RetroBike and the people who come to these rides at heart (despite over 40 rides over the last few years i have yet to see you on one!). If you had been on the rides and witnessed the work that goes into them then i would accept your critique.

So, as an armchair critic, if you would like to see someone else take over this section, someone who cannot travel around this large area, someone who has not been on any of the rides or had any experience of leading large groups of up to 35 people across moorland, then there must be something wrong with the whole scheme of things. As nice a lad as mikee is, would him taking over be a step forward for this section? In a few years time and a with a little experience then yes, why not, but at this point in time....?

lewis1641":3jn3sw13 said:

I don't go into the Lincs or Midlands section, having never taken part in any of their rides and start complaining about what they do. Is it fair that someone from outside this area who has not joined in on any of the rides starts to rattle the cage at such a tricky time as this?

Anyone is welcome to contribute to this section. Just please try and be a little more positive thats all. There is no problem as far as i am concerned. Remember that myself, Chris and the new deputy have volunteered to run these rides and put in a lot of hard work behind the scenes. Its hardly fair to be pulled apart for it. We are also just doing what we are asked to do from above, we don't make the rules remember.

We are keen to get more involved with Lincs next year and get a good working relationship with you guys as we do with Macretro- joint effort rides have been a success this year (and easier to get a good turnout for!). As a friend of Ben and Chris, and a leading light in the Lincs area we are hoping that you will help us foster these plans. I want you to continue to contribute to this section and hope you don't stick to "your own area". If that happens, again, we all lose out.

Lets draw a line under this now and allow the dust settle.

cheers
Si

wow

This thread has really taken off since I last viewed it! My oppinion (for what it's worth) If you put an official disclaimer at the beginning of any ' does anybody fancy going for a ride' thread that that should do. Where does it end, people checking that everybodies bolts are tightened up correctly? Anyway I digress, the reason for my post, in reply to my last one, just to set the record straight, I'm a deedar not a dingle I only moved to 'tarn 4 months ago.

I am struggling to comprehend what I have just been reading,adults and a child(in the eyes of the law) squabbling about organising a bike ride.....What the **** has this world come too!!!!

Back