Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

post on page 14.

Just read the post, I ment to do so when it was originally posted but never got around to it. Really is a great read, just a terrible shame its no longer around!!

Re: post on page 14.

D nelson":3guf5fpl said:
Just read the post, I ment to do so when it was originally posted but never got around to it. Really is a great read, just a terrible shame its no longer around!!

Tell me !!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

But I guess I can look back and say "I did that" :)

dyna tech paint issues......

Evening 'Techies,
just noticed this thread for the first time-what an awesome collection of pics/info!
Can someone help me with a boggle? Im currently working on a Diablo project, and am dressing it in red and blue (UK) parts with the intention of spraying the frame white.
Anybody had an issue with paint/lacquer not adhering to the ti' tubes? Noticed a couple over the years that seem to have had a habit of shedding their paint/lacquer-is this an issue and is there a cure?
Any help appreciated people, and sweet thread-I intend to frequent this room more often! cheers, Mick

dyna tech paint issues......

Evening 'Techies,
just noticed this thread for the first time-what an awesome collection of pics/info!
Can someone help me with a boggle? Im currently working on a Diablo project, and am dressing it in red and blue (UK) parts with the intention of spraying the frame white.
Anybody had an issue with paint/lacquer not adhering to the ti' tubes? Noticed a couple over the years that seem to have had a habit of shedding their paint/lacquer-is this an issue and is there a cure?
Any help appreciated people, and sweet thread-I intend to frequent this room more often! cheers, Mick

Raleigh site.

Just wondering if the site of RALEIGH in Nottingham is still there, or has it been knocked down? Any info. on this Bikemeister? Thanks.

Re: Raleigh site.

D nelson":10jwe6fv said:
Just wondering if the site of RALEIGH in Nottingham is still there, or has it been knocked down? Any info. on this Bikemeister? Thanks.

Sadly, it's all gone. Most of the site is now part of the University, and there is a lake where Stumey-Archer used to be !!!

Sorry, been advised I might get more information here so sorry for the cross post.

I have a raleigh Voyager, exodus frame 19 inch. Shimano alvino drivetrain and 7 speed twist shifters. I think the brakes are Shinamo as well. Hi- Tensile fork.
Does it date from 1992 and what would it be worth ? Its in excellent condition, changed the handlebars (gone flat) and fitted new pads and tyres - otherwise no rust or damage. I'm using it for commuting at the moment but fitted off road tyres and took her for a run on Sunday - great fun.

Not interested in selling, just wanted to know a little more about my "retro"! bike.

Thanks

Ian

Thats sad. On the other hand, at least its part of something else now. It would be much worse if it had of been left as a deralict building!

Here's my recently acquired RSP Ti MTB frame:-

IMG_1702.jpg

Not 100% sure about the year, but think it may be a '97. Although, in the '97 catalogue the frame seems to be TIMET but this one is IMI. :? Can anybody help with the date please?

More pics here:-

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130189

Thanks... :)

Back