Status
Not open for further replies.

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I thought I'd just put up a separate post to say thanks to all who went for making it such an enjoyable weekend and to try to encourage anyone who couldn't make it to come to the next one (whenever and wherever it may be)

To Mrkawasaki - superb organisation from the pre-event information to the briefing on the day to the ride itself (he even bought along his own personal professional mechanic for lunchtime fettling duties). And arranging for the quiz to end 5 minutes before the rugby finished AND for England to win was a true masterstroke. The bar for Meets has been set even higher.

To Wu-Tangled and MadCowKev - for accompanying me when I eschewed the shortcut after lunch that everyone else took offroad to Mam Tor and got some real work done on the road (through and off for 45 minutes at 25 mph does not tell the story). They had the good grace not to blame me for getting lost and the even better grace to not complain on the road climb out of Edale.

To all - for general good humour and friendliness and for putting up with my snail like descending (I almost managed a track stand at one point on a smooth gentle grassy slope). I hope I didn't hold you up although putting an impressive spin on events I could say that I rode deliberately poorly to allow others to have a mid ride chat without feeling guilty. What a selfless fellow.

If you haven't been to a Meet before I'd say definitely do it if you can - everyone is very friendly (in an appropriate non mad eyed way although I was greeted by one person with "Hi, what tyres have you got?") and I came with my wife who is a non cyclist and who had a great time. And rest assured, you won't be at the back with me around

I'd like to second all of that. I hadn't met anybody from the forum before this weekend, but you'll not find a nicer bunch of people. Can't wait for the next one.

That Ed Edwards bloke worried me though with his 1000 yard stare... :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back