Advice on new helmet

Gotta get the one that fits you correctly by trying em on

I have a Met Kaos, which I thought was comfy until I tried/bought a Uvex XP100.

The Uvex fits like a glove, really comfy. Plenty of vents, but not used it in summer so can't comment on how cool/warm/hot it is. Insect mesh on the front vents & pretty lightweight @ 262g (Kaos is 285-300g, Kaos UL is 230-250g)

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... t-10-37658

1269961159607-2ohmf1vh6m3j-399-75.jpg

Fox Flux is great for me, good vents and close fitting too, I was surprised to get a S/M as opposed to my usul M/L in other ranges. Strap system is "ok" and realy needs adjusted but was a bit of a pain to get right at first. Plus you could use the change to get something else nice for xmas too.

have a MET Kaos UL with fits me realy well, but as stated above, try 'm all before you decide, good luck :D

I believe the most important factor is fit,price is unimportant as they all adhere to the same specification.
Price however gives you a wider range of sizes but if a cheapo fits better than any in the Giro range[unlikely but im just explaining]then get the cheapo one :?
ie
The cheaper ranges might only come in sm/med/lrg ,whereas more expensive might come in many 1/2 sizes to get a closer fit,small, extra small ,med,large ,extra large etc etc :D

My last helmet was a giro exodus,which was a great fit,and my current is a £25 met that surprisingly fits better

dyna-ti":1oj1b7si said:
I believe the most important factor is fit,price is unimportant as they all adhere to the same specification.
Price however gives you a wider range of sizes but if a cheapo fits better than any in the Giro range[unlikely but im just explaining]then get the cheapo one :?
ie
The cheaper ranges might only come in sm/med/lrg ,whereas more expensive might come in many 1/2 sizes to get a closer fit,small, extra small ,med,large ,extra large etc etc :D

My last helmet was a giro exodus,which was a great fit,and my current is a £25 met that surprisingly fits better

Helmets come in head sizes in cm normally, with silly S?M?L? sizing for no reason. So measure your head ;)

I've just got a MET Valeno SIM and it has close band sizes, this was 58-60cm (L) and I'm 59 so room for a beanie as well.
Nice helmet too, though look a little fragile for chucking in the boot with it's pointy bits ha ha
My other choice was a Giro Hex/Zen but the MET seemed to fit better.

Back