Ride Suggestions for the 2011 Calendar- Have Your Say!

drystonepaul":2iv4b6hw said:
That provisional Calendar looks really good Si.

So good I might move to Yorkshire in fact.

BDW III in the Lakes was also what I was thinking funnily enough... :cool:

another possible defector si ;)

Latest draft for you mull over.

PROVISIONAL 2011 CALENDAR
Subject to amendment following the release of the 2011 National Calendar

JAN- Black Hambleton, NYMoors.

FEB- Hamsterley Trail Centre.

MAR- South Yorkshire/ Wharncliffe/ Cut Gate ??

APR- Kaya's Kildale Kake Run, NYMoors.

MAY 5th- Global Nightride.

MAY- Thrunton Woods, Northumberland.

JUNE- Yorkshire Wolds/ Humberside.

JULY 22,23,24th- BDW III- Ambleside, Lake District.

AUG- MacRetroFest- Drumlanrig, Scotland. Organised by MacRetro

SEPT- Peaks Meet, Hope, Derbyshire. Organised by NWA

OCT- Hawes, Yorkshire Dales.

NOV- Howardian Hills, Yorkshire.

DEC- Christmas Pudding Run IV, TBA

Only nailed down date is BDW for which the campsite has been booked. Being summer, in the Lakes one has to move fast.

Rough BDW schedule is..
Friday, meet and greet, evening ride to the pub followed by BBQ
Saturday, show and shine, 25 mile route around Elterwater, Ambleside, Loughrigg, Iron Keld, Tarn Hows, Little Langdale. Evening BBQ, parts jumble and competitions.
Sunday, Whinlatter or Grizedale trails. Early finish.

A route recce will take place at some point in May to which anyone is welcome.

mikeekim89":3ui5v47t said:
:? alot of those look really north Si.. could just be my bad geography though

Seven of those are within a hours drive of Penistone- two within 30 minutes drive one of which is right on your doorstep. Then there is the Global Nightride which is wherever you may be at the time.

Try and remember it's a large area we have to cover so not all rides will be local.

Several of those rides will be a 5-6 hour round trip for me so I don't think you are too badly done by.

I'm going to knock up a map with the locations on at some point this week. Keep an eye out for it. It might give you a better idea.

Ta fella, i'd really appreciate that, :)

And a hours drive is alot easier if you can drive :roll: (car but no license)

Dr S":1cchseqf said:
JULY 22,23,24th- BDW III- Ambleside, Lake District.

Only nailed down date is BDW for which the campsite has been booked. Being summer, in the Lakes one has to move fast.

Rough BDW schedule is..
Friday, meet and greet, evening ride to the pub followed by BBQ
Saturday, show and shine, 25 mile route around Elterwater, Ambleside, Loughrigg, Iron Keld, Tarn Hows, Little Langdale. Evening BBQ, parts jumble and competitions.
Sunday, Whinlatter or Grizedale trails. Early finish.

A route recce will take place at some point in May to which anyone is welcome.

Really fancy this but doing the Newcastle - Edinburgh Castles ride the weekend before so would be really eager to assist with the recce.

I know it is not easy but firm dates are really appreciated for any of the other rides.

Pretty difficult to work on exact dates until a month or so before the ride. It all depends on what dates are convenient for the majority. Some dates are fixed long before so keep an eye out. We always try and give 6-8 weeks notice of upcoming rides were possible.

mikeekim89
Don't forget you can put up your own rides if you want if none are close to you.

For example I'll be missing a lot of these and popping over the area border with the Lincs lot, we'll also be going on a few further a field rides with the Lincs lot so like down Sherwood or over to the peaks. You're not restricted to just riding on these planned main events.

Pop up something you can get to and if we can we'll see if we can get down.

These are the dates for the main official RetroBike rides that RetroBike are putting on for people to enjoy.

FluffyChicken":32g9ztqg said:
Si,

JAN- Black Hambleton, NYMoors.
That near Chop Gate ?
Terrible road that when there are flash rain falls. :LOL:

Ive just ridden around that area today, we had hail,sleet,freezing rain and a fookin cold northerly wind. I'm still not warm yet :LOL:
And I had a pinch flat half way down Black Hambleton :cry:

Back