King Kahuna - Update - 8th December

Up-date 28th Oct '10

I've moved on a bit now from the weight weenie build as I wanted to put my lightweight stuff on my Yeti AS-R ;)

I managed to find a set of new '09 SID Race with canti-mounts :D Set them up at 80mm travel giving approx. 460mm a-c iirc :? I think the 'chunky' looks suit the KK frame better than the thinner tubes of the older SIDs.

KKWhiteSIDs017.jpg

KKWhiteSIDs019.jpg

KKWhiteSIDs026.jpg

I must admit, I really like the look of them with the white Flite :)

Although I have also got a set of Fox F100RL's that I'm thinking of re-finishing in gun-metal / anthracite :roll: - Thoughts appreciated ;)

I've also changed a few parts: It's now got Pauls levers and Avid Ti V's, a Crank Bros Ti BB, a Morati Ti seatpost which is just gorgeous :LOL: and I've replaced the black outer chainring with a Hardcoat one and some orange bolts which I'm pleased with.

More pics....

KKWhiteSIDs021.jpg

KKWhiteSIDs009.jpg

KKWhiteSIDs011.jpg

Grey Oury or black ESi chunky? :?

KKWhiteSIDs008.jpg

As I've got someone who's keen to buy my rasta ti skewers ;) I'm trying to decide whether to let them go and use the black Hadley Ti ones I have :?

KKWhiteSIDs013.jpg

KKWhiteSIDs030.jpg

KKWhiteSIDs028.jpg

KKWhiteSIDs029.jpg

Any thoughts :?

I'm also going to put a Moots Ti stem on and probably a black King headset instead of the pewter one - I think :roll:

Those SIDs do look spot on, must track better than the old ones with 32mm stanchions as well :D

Hey Martin that is :cool:

Wondered which bike the Morati was destined for - always assumed the KK was 27.2, same as the 2 Hei Hei I've owned.

As for the grips I think the black ones look better - the grey Oury overpower your Dura-ace thumbies, if you know what I mean?

Caramba Kid":39fp8r9o said:
Hey Martin that is :cool:
Wondered which bike the Morati was destined for - always assumed the KK was 27.2, same as the 2 Hei Hei I've owned.
As for the grips I think the black ones look better - the grey Oury overpower your Dura-ace thumbies, if you know what I mean?

Thanks for that :)

No, it's 27.0, strange as all my Konas have been 27.0 :?

Hmmm, know what you mean re: grips, although the grey looks alright ;)

Cheers

:cool: Your KK looks awesome Martin :cool:

But l think the black skewers definitely suit the build far more than the Salsa's ;)

A few more bits arrived today from across the pond ;) :D

Cranks Bros 2Ti pedals so the 4ti can go on the AS-R ;)

Mag21s015.jpg

120mm Moots Ti stem :cool: will probably have to use an in-line 'post though I would think :? - the original would have had this set-up, so be interesting to see how it handles :)

Mag21s018.jpg

Mag21s017.jpg

Nearly done then I reckon :LOL:

Back