Colnago CT1

Really tidy. Is that from a well known Dutch ebay seller?

Have you considered ITM millenium for finishing kit? Well made, right era and right continent.

John":3g7urff8 said:
Really tidy. Is that from a well known Dutch ebay seller?

Have you considered ITM millenium for finishing kit? Well made, right era and right continent.

Yes it is. Pleasant chap.

I hadn't considered ITM, I'll have a look at it.

bc

Personally I'd got with Ambrosio rims rather than Mavic. The Excellence is a fine rim.
I'd second ITM Milennium, should look gorgeous on a Colnago. :cool:

And of course a San Marco saddle..Regal if you are going a bit classic, or a Concor Light.

WR Compositi made the top-end Colnago branded stuff, where the lesser models were ITM at the time. The CT1/2 is basically a titanium front triangle mated to a C40/C50 rear end - apparently the original was made for Michele Bartoli when Colnago supplied Mapei. The front triangle was outsourced to Russia and the material is equivalent to 6/4 alloy. The original models were polished metal with paint, but was changed to fully-painted from 2002 onwards. Mine is polished metal with a custom WC stripes paintjob - I'll post a photo - it still sees regular race duties. Matt Seaton rides one too.

For what it's worth I think I may well go with ITM, especially as I was supplied with an ITM/Colnago stem.

I have some Deda carbon items I was thinking of using but I just don't think they will look appropriate on this frame. I'll save them for something else.

For the groupset I have Record alloy chainset, Chorus alloy brakes and front mech, Record carbon shifters and Chorus carbon rear mech.

Saddle is a Selle Italia Flite gel flow.

Any further comments or advice entirely welcome, and thanks for all the posts so far.

bc

Here's mine:

vIsO1.jpg

beancounter":2d8010rs said:
For what it's worth I think I may well go with ITM, especially as I was supplied with an ITM/Colnago stem.

I have some Deda carbon items I was thinking of using but I just don't think they will look appropriate on this frame. I'll save them for something else.

For the groupset I have Record alloy chainset, Chorus alloy brakes and front mech, Record carbon shifters and Chorus carbon rear mech.

Saddle is a Selle Italia Flite gel flow.

Any further comments or advice entirely welcome, and thanks for all the posts so far.

bc

I have an NOS black 1 1/8 Colnago headset (NOS as in fitted to frame but removed before sale) that would be perfect on this.

I also have an ITM Millenium seatpost I have no particular attachment towards, on my cross bike that I could replace with a Ritchey WCS I'm not using. But maybe it's not pretty enough for your project. It's certainly well used.

PM me if interested.

Latest posts

Back