Colnago CT1

beancounter

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

I just acquired this repainted Colnago CT1, from about 2002 I would guess.

I already have a 2006 NOS Record alloy chainset and a nice pair of handbuilt wheels (open pro rims on record hubs).

Looking for recommendations as to the rest of the kit I should build it up with.

Cheers

bc

Attachments

• CT1-1.jpg
    CT1-1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 4,783
Lovely - I've got one of those too. Think it was 2003 when they switched to the B Stay on the rear, so 2002 latest I'd think. Finish it off with the rest of the Record groupset and a WR Compositi seatpost, stem and bars - if you can find them.

monty dog":9us41u2h said:
Lovely - I've got one of those too. Think it was 2003 when they switched to the B Stay on the rear, so 2002 latest I'd think. Finish it off with the rest of the Record groupset and a WR Compositi seatpost, stem and bars - if you can find them.

Thanks for that - never even heard of WR Compositi, but I'll look into it.

Out of curiosity, what was the difference between the B stay(s) and the stays on my frame? Which does yours have?

Do you happen to know off the top of your head if the seat post needs to be a 27.2 or a 28?

Cheers

bc

fatfixie":2cyul4ub said:
seatpost is a 27.2. I have a CT also in n*ked ti/n*ked carbon

record 10 carbon is also a build option :)

Andy

Thanks Andy. I do also have a pair of Record carbon shifters which I can use....

How about posting up some pics of these other CT's.....

bc

Oh, and the B-stay is a one piece carbon fibre seatstay with d-shaped seatstays, rather then the more conventional ones on yours

there was also a CT with the HP- stays - fancy chainstays with a diamond shaped cutout along their length.....

Andy

So if you have th HP stays on the C50 you will have a B-stay on there also. :)

Haven't got round to getting a C50 yet- too many Colnagos already

:oops:

Andy

Back