Retro Toys (aka Other Stuff to blow your cash on...)

JustKev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
I was looking through a catalogue last night looking for ideas for childrens presents and found that Tamiya have re-issued these:

Attachments

• grasshopper.jpg
    grasshopper.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 2,209
  • lunchbox.jpg
    lunchbox.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2,209
I had a Kyosho inferno, much like the grasshopper but a 540 motor as apposed to a weedy 360 ;)

From there i got a Team Associated RC10 world team edition. Which quite frankly went like stink. It was probably my first introduction to carbon fibre. I still have it in my parents loft as far as i know.

I had enough parts to build 4 Sand Scorchers and 2 Rough Riders, thank you ebay, you made me a very happy man.

heheh - i got sucked into this about 2 years ago - bought a unbuilt original lunchbox off ebay as i remembered being very jealous of the kid up the street's midnight pumpkin. i had a nikko something-or-other from tandy which was plop.
now i have a Super Blackfoot as well, and 2 modern ones - a TLT and a Dark Impact buggy. Theyre great fun! we usually go to hong kong once a year and everything is insanely cheap over there - most kits are 30-40 quid instead of 100+ :D

I've got a tamiya sabre in bits in the shed with a Thunderbolt shell. I used to have and race a Mugen 1/8th scale petrol 4wd racer, that was fast and fun... cost around £600 sold for £150 when i was skint at one time, I really regret that now I have a 9 year old son.

I'll need to dig out the sabre soon, do Nicads keep indefinately :?

Latest posts

Back