Rolling in...

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
These new Foss ultralight tubes arrived today.. obviously the best place to loose weight on the bike is in rolling resistance so thought I'd give em a go..

IMGP2301.jpg

Somewhat worrying was the patches that were included however.... :LOL:

IMGP2303.jpg

Going to try these out over the next few days and will report back how many punctures I've received :LOL:

if they're anything like air-b's i wouldn't bother si

be interested to see how they go

Re: Fossy flossy

stefan pethybridge":1tu8r4yq said:
Were did they come from.Still have a Panaracer Greenlite in the box.
Bleeds air quicker than an Only Fools & Horses blow up Doll.!!

:LOL: :LOL: My fav episode.

Not bad i just top up once a week before a ride. Compared to every two weeks with my normal tubes

kermitgreenkona88 wrote :

Any lighter and they would be 3 for a £1 out of a vending machine Some seriously sexy kit though

Yea extremely light, I've not weighed them yet but best place to save weight... :) one of the most overlooked ;)

tintin40 wrote :

shame you can't choose the colour of the valves

Yea would be a really nice option, especially at the price , but I can live with blue,, will work with the build.. :)

stefan pethybridge wrote :

Were did they come from.Still have a Panaracer Greenlite in the box.
Bleeds air quicker than an Only Fools & Horses blow up Doll.!!

They are available off the bay fella.. I can live with having to pump them up as long as they dont go down during the ride :oops: :LOL:

mikee wrote :

if they're anything like air-b's i wouldn't bother si

be interested to see how they go

:? I quite like Air-B's fella,, never had issues with them,, although I have put a little extra weight on since BITD :LOL: :LOL:

Yes indeed be interesting to see how they survive the northumberland hills.. :) , I can live with them loosing air over a period of time , as long as they dont puncture when they see a blade of grass I'll be happy.. :)

I'll update this when I've given them a run out... :)

What was wrong with Air-B's my fave inner tube (so I've just bought the modern Panaracer version) of course they're heavier than these transparent blue things.
In fact still carry and Air-B I used to use as my spare tube.

i always found air-b's useless as an innertube
pinch flats , this was bitd 95 or so we all tried them and all came to the
same conclusion rapidly

they may be better now

Nope they where the Air-B I was using too, well actually earlier than 1995, maybe they got worse :LOL:

I see this Foss is designed differently though, designed not really to be an 'inner tube' as we know it but a sealing skin like puncture sealant gloop.

Back