MacRetro 2011

Pick a quiet month then and I will reshuffle our provisional calendar. we could make it a joint promo event. Sort the men from the jessies!

MacRetro 2011

Baltic Bawbags: 30th January
A winter wonderland sojourn from The Ken. Near the hamlet of Dunkeld. An nice easy chat and ride.

Laggan: April
Big Eck invites you to lovely Laggan.

MrP's Extravaganza: Around Easter
Get lost in the big country following Mr P and his amazing sense of direction.

MacRetrofest at Drumlanrig: May(poss)
Retro only meet at Drumlanrig, show off yer best bike, easy ride and chat. Kaiser and Gazz.

Glentress 4th annual MacRetro meet: 4/5 June
The 4th anniversary of the first MacRetro meet.

Lomonds Solstice ride: 21st June
Chanting, sacrifice and riding round Mikees local.

Big Dirty Weekender: 22-24 July
A chance to join our southern counterparts for merrymaking and hootananny.

MacRetrofest at Drumlanrig: Aug(poss)
Retro only meet at Drumlanrig, show off yer best bike, easy ride and chat. Kaiser and Gazz.

Arran: September
Return to one of the favourite rides :)

Couple of thoughts, any objections to moving Laggan to May and Drumlanrig to August? I think this would give a better spread and personally April/May for me is going to be tight!

I'm happy to switch but also happy to run the drum one, ma sell if people prefer the date- tis my birthday then so I like the idea of drum in may.

Which one is going to be your big National Event?

I've put Drum in May down as our trip o'er the border on our calendar but can change it to attend your big un.

From a chat I had with Kaiser on Sunday I think Drumlanrig is to be our big national event as the Drum is perfect Retro country. Also its in the spirit of retrobike that insisting on retrobikes seems the thing to do. Great though GT was there were not that many retrobikes being ridden, the terrain not always suited to old bikes. When we were guesstimating a date for our big meet August was suggested and thus it would seem a good idea to put the Drum to August. I am happy just to ride though so the dates no big deal to me.

Since the drum will be our biggie we'll try to coordinate it with some of the other national events Mark has planned.

Celnedar is looking good to me,

Drum in August, before or after the schools go back?

BDW might cause family friction for me - means I will miss both my Dad and Sisters birthday - Oh well, saves me buying pressies :)

Do we have any idea when the OWMTB is? I know not many will go but it might attract a few being a fairly one off Mecca type location.

I'd love to do OWMTB next year but it's very unlikely for me. Too much going on at the moment and various projects taking up my time and money.

I will get there one day though. I have an open invitation to ride repack with a few of my hero's which would be foolish to waste! :cool:

So, Drum in May is the big one. It's now added to our calendar for 2011 and we will bust a gut to promote it and get a good turnout.
Looking forward to it already.

Back