GT LTS DH original spec

andyw

Retro Newbie
Hello,
iam considering parting with my much loved LTS DH due to lack of space!
The bike is in great original condition and has been in storage for past 6 years. I have owned the bike from 1997 and is a 97 model. It still looks and rides amazing and could be considered as one of the first DH specific rigs. The bike was over £2000 new as they are now very collectable i will consider selling for offers around£500 for the complete bike...

Spec as follows:

-1997 GT LTS DH
-Rock shox super deluxe rear shock
-Judy DHO tripleclamps with huge GT bolt thru hub
-Hope bulb rear hub
-Mavic 121 rims
-Tioga DH tyres
-AC chain device - beautifully machined (cost over £200 new)
-AC cranks - also around £200 new - very strong and look cool.
-XTR rear deralleur
-XT shifters
-XT brakes
-Kore stem / post
-World force riser bars
-Tioga large DH saddle

pedals not included.

Its a great bike and would love for it to go to a good home! Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions or want to make an offer.

cheers

Andy

T 07719560255

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 2,522
  • frame detail1.jpg
    frame detail1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 2,521
  • bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 2,520
  • cranks1.jpg
    cranks1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,524
Hi there, mate.Welcome to Retrobike.

Sorry to disagree, but those are not original specs...

Decals are not from ´97 model, LTS-DH didn´t came with DHO, but with Judy DH (DHO came with STS DH model).

Also that huge Tioga wasn´t stock model. Still, it´s a great bike.

Cheers.

mate, you need to get out and ride more if you have every original component on your bike then it aint getting enough use! For the record I didn't claim that it came with all the original spec parts just that it was in good original condition refering to the overall condition of the bike.

cheers anyways. ;)

andyw":pfm4ff21 said:
mate, you need to get out and ride more if you have every original component on your bike then it aint getting enough use! For the record I didn't claim that it came with all the original spec parts ...

I raced with a bike like that (original specs) in 97, and later with an STS DH in the Nationals. I know they´re differences quite well. Of course parts don´t last forever, that´s why i´m still looking for original parts for my bikes, BEFORE a can write in a title "original specs".

Don´t write they are original. If you want that for an advice, good, if don´t, no problem.

Cheers.

woohoooo chillout fellow retrogeeks! :D

considering its a downhill bike, it looks in dam good nick.

its pretty close to the original spec. but so what, ive the orginal forks!

andy, i would LOVE to have that off you, however, right now my retrobike fund is empty! bummer.

is there anything your after?? consider p/x??

Back