Bargain Ebay bike lights

Ordered/won mine on the 27th Oct - still waiting for them to arrive but not sweating it yet.
Maplin have some Extra-High Capacity NiMH Rechargeable Battery Value Packs
12 Packs of 1000mAh for £9.99 - anyone used em - any good?

On a separate topic - I found my old BLT lights in the shed at the weekend. Connected them up to a variable poswer supply and the bulbs are still working - but the battery is kaputt. I'm thinking that I might try them with an RC car battery - 7.2 volts but I have a bud who can tame that a little.

Be nice to get the BLTs running again!

type49":ytlz94i0 said:
Just ordered myself one as well. Also, whilst tramping round the shops today with the wife, had a good look round the prices for rechargable AAAs. Found the best "high street" deal was Boots. They are doing a 4 pack Duracell rechargable AAA 1000mHa for £5 but with a 3-for-2 deal, that means 12 AAAs for a tenner :D Their pricing is very odd though, coz they were also selling Duracell 800 mHa 4 pack for noticably more :?

Unless they got their prices all a muddle, in which case, get down to Camberley, Surrey QUICK!!

Good spot :cool:

Went to boots after work, found the batteries (why are they so much cheaper than other types and energisers ? :?)

Three packs on the three for two offer :cool:

Got to the till, spotted the boots point card advert - hmmm got one of those, handed it over "do you want to pay with your points ?" didn't think I had enough "you've got £12.97's worth" :LOL:

Free batteries for me then :cool:

WD :D

I have been using one for commuting and have found the lens gathers condensation on the inside which diminishes the light output. Also one light is not quite enough for the unlit roads and canal towpaths, I just cannot see those poo's in time :LOL:
So I have bought another two.

Oh you have poo on the trails do you, down here we seem not to, as dog owners bag their poo and sling it in trees to decay. I once did a photo exercise on this habit and sent it to the local rag, lots of nice scenic pictures marred by plastic bags of poo dangling out of tree branches in bushes and hanging off wire fences.

Yup, we have that too. Looks great now that the trees are loosing their leaves. Counted seven bags on one Hawthorn tree on Sunday.

silverclaws":1v821rqa said:
dog owners bag their poo and sling it in trees to decay.

Odd that people would collect something that is bio-degradable (but nasty), encapsulate it in something that isn't (biodegradable) and then leave it out there to (not) decompose..

Never understood the behaviour myself.

silverclaws":uhszl3ya said:
Oh you have poo on the trails do you, down here we seem not to, as dog owners bag their poo and sling it in trees to decay. I once did a photo exercise on this habit and sent it to the local rag, lots of nice scenic pictures marred by plastic bags of poo dangling out of tree branches in bushes and hanging off wire fences.

The local scum here are far too considerate for that, they simply leave it right in the middle of the path so it can be cleared naturally by passing walkers and cyclists. They have even kindly exercised my brain as a part of it has built up a map of poo locations on my commute route. It has become quite tricky over the last few weeks as the poos have gone into stealth mode, spread by heavy rain and mixed with wet leaves. They have really outdone themselves.

I did one drunken night, myself and my ex go and put little danish flags in the piles of poo down a road in Denmark, perhaps someone ought to do the same with poo here, put little lights on the piles so people know where it is.

Pet food manufacturers should put a glow-in-the-dark additive into the death biscuit..

Glow-poo.....

It'd work.. you know it would.

If anyone has still got the panacronic batteries in - remove them now !

I have just taken mine out and 1 in 3 of them is bubbling badly and on the verge of leaking :-(

WD :D

Back