1995 Scott Vantage 2.0 - first "retro" purchase!

wrecker74

Dirt Disciple
£80 for the full bike (fair price I think)

(I think) a 1995 Scott Vantage 2.0. I can't seem to find too much info on the net about this bike/year. Even RB does not seem to have any scott archives (not too sought after...or?)

Anyway, the bike is quite mint. It seems to have been ridden on road only, as a commuter. LX Cranks are good cond apart from a couple of teeth on the outer ring are worn.

Previous owner has "de-retrofied" (!!) the brakes/canti's and shifters to acera setup (works well, but not inkeeping with the rest of the bike). Also he seems to have had the "throw oil at it to keep it running" syndrome - the whole bike has a film of greaseover it (see the crank pic!)

Rest of spec can be found here

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike

Any info on the pedals would be useful (cleats one side, flats on the other - shimano branded but no number)

Also suggestions on what to do...clean/restore? break down for parts for another build?

Attachments

• IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0964.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 4,610
  • IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 4,609
  • IMG_0962.JPG
    IMG_0962.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 4,610
  • IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 4,610
Even RB does not seem to have any scott archives
RetroMTB.pl is having whole Scott archive from 89 (thanx to my friend Thomas - Tommi74 and MTB-kataloge.de) to 2010 (2000+ not scanned jet)

Thanks for the info skolioza!

My searching is not so good..... ;)

Any idea what the pedals are? Spec in catalgue says tioga, but they must have been changed at some point.

Sorry, I've no idea... in catalogue they're looking quite similar to my Wellgo beeing oryginal in Boulder 93 (I can check model at home if You wish to)

These are shimano branded, not the original tioga's or wellgo's.

Anyway, now need the time to clean, re-lube/grease and put the thing back together again.

Or clean and keep the parts for another build (wheels, cranks, front/rear mech)......decisions decisions.....

oh, You mean pedals beeing in Your bike, not in oryginal specyfication! I understood wrong So Yours are looking as 93 PD-M323
1995stxrc.jpg

You should have signature somewhere on it

Scott Vantage 2.0

I still have my Vantage that I purchased in 95. Bought it in college. It still has all of the original components as well, so if you have any questions on what it was supposed to have feel free to drop me a line. Mine didn't have the solid fork like yours, it had Rock Shox (quantum 21 I believe, but I would have to look again).

Back