Raleigh Gemini Trail (bit like a 'cross bike ?)

Groovy :cool:

Geminiwithdrops.jpg

All works great. Commuted on it a couple of days, handles the cobbles & alleyways; everything felt right so I made sure I got out early & tore up Lady Smythes this morning. Did some hard circuits on the grass, then found it works better than expected on singletrack. Lovin' the bar end shifters & 6 speed, but if the technology gets too much this frames ideal for ss/fixed! could be the all rounder, the one!
Had so much fun I'm moved to invest in tyres for it: reasonably priced recommendations please? (pretty sure they're the originals on there) & I'm going to try & get a Sunday free for a proper cross race.

If I could get these bar-end shifters in Poland cheaper and older than new 10 speed Dura Ace. :roll:
I suggest to get away of aluminium alloy bar drilling, but with chromed steel would work. Anyway, at least I won't risk. Safer is routing cable under bar tape.

Don't worry man, I ain't drillin no holes. Those cables are comfy where they are, taped at the front of the bar actually makes a more ergonomic grip.

This tyres aren't CX type, but I think that they serving in community very good. But both of them seems worn out... I have similiar and I'll try to ride on them trought forest. :twisted: I wonder how long I'll withstand.
Anyone tried putting shifters on a stem? Is this at least a bit ergonomic for riding in terrain?

Agency_Scum":pyosy4iq said:
What tyres you after Cab? There were LOADS of CX tubs and tyres at the jumble going dirt cheap.

& I expect there were a couple of Isaac sized road frames 'n all. Sorry to have missed it again. Clinchers: originals are 700x32 Schwalbe with a reasonable tread for grass, the back one is quite worn, but they're both 21yrs old!

Turns out Schwalbe Smart Sam is a reasonably priced tyre so I slung one on the back & had a go at the Western League 'Cross up Whitchurch airfield:

WesternLeagueR8Hengrove2010.jpg

Enjoyed it so much I'm hoping to get the matching front tyre for Christmas & race a few more! (Picture doesn't show it, but both wheels were sliding towards the photographer!)

Back