The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTK":1nef0259 said:
Super rare not likely to see another for sale any time soon. A proper piece of British MTB history I'd imagine £500+ maybe closer to a grand.

I'd be with you on that: £500-£700

Super cool, super rare, but super niche with a super small customer pool. Either it will sell quick or never at all.

Personally I would love it, financially my girlfriend doesn't....

paulwakinshaw":34fqgse8 said:
Pace RC200 - F6 bought off this forum back in March - only ridden twice since then

Whats it worth as might be selling.....?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Paul

It's probably worth exactly what you paid for it unless you've damaged it.

Problem might be finding a buyer, bit quiet on here in the for sale section though. But saying that, it is a corker.

Good luck with the sale.

paulwakinshaw":22fgifn3 said:
Pace RC200 - F6 bought off this forum back in March - only ridden twice since then

Whats it worth as might be selling.....?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Paul

Why no use for such a lovely bike?
Anyway, its going to be worth what you paid for it although from my daily scouring of the for ale threads people seem to be desperate for cash but with a lot less buyers. Tough market.

one-eyed_jim":22em7buq said:
FluffyChicken":22em7buq said:
The Black Canti's are for sale at £25 for one pair (and you have two ) in the for sale section at the moment.
True, but at £25 they're overpriced (and unsold). There are two pairs of NOS black DX MT62 cantis on ebay.fr that have gone unsold a number of times at €40. I would've said £15 is probably a fair price for KenG's, considering the missing parts.

Set of Silver one went for £42.50
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _500wt_999
just today, I had based my prices on what these where currently bid at ;) but they went higher than I thought they would.

Bolts are interchangeable, only the plastic back may put people off but they are not needed.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
FluffyChicken":1y7ch8i5 said:
Anyways, awaiting pics.
If you have detailed pics of the Rockshox stuff you can email them to me and i'll tag what everything is if I can.

I've emailed you the pics.
I would've popped them up on here, but haven't got a clue how.
Cheers for your help.

one-eyed_jim":w2vb8lz1 said:
FluffyChicken":w2vb8lz1 said:
Well, £39 plus p&p.

These (single pair, NOS, black, no bolts in evidence) fetched a tenner:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0497812804

These (silver, NOS) are up for $125, unsold:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0501795214

So I'll revise my estimate to "£15 or whatever two morons are willing to bid"!

;)
So you don't pay P&P on here then :LOL: I always include it when I look at ebay prices and pretty much all prices here include P&P built in to them.
It was these silver one's I was watching when I put the price on the black one's.
The single black just happened to crop up and someone was after 'em.

The 'bold' is the correct answer for all our old stuff

FluffyChicken":22usj72z said:
So you don't pay P&P on here then :LOL:
Well, of course that depends on whether or not the item is posted. And if it's posted, p&p varies according to how its posted, and where it's posted to and from. That's why the thread title is "how much is my xyz worth?" and not "how much is my xyz worth including p&p from a to b?"

The 'bold' is the correct answer for all our old stuff
That may be true - or it may not. But in that case the only reasonable response to any price request in this thread would be "put it on eBay and see".

But not everything is sold on eBay, and we know that eBay prices include eBay fees, and aren't always themselves entirely reasonable. That's because collecting old junk isn't an entirely reasonable pursuit, and collectors of old junk aren't always entirely reasonable.

So, to sum up, "how much is my xyz worth?", "how much would my xyz fetch on eBay?" and "how much would it be reasonable to ask for my xyz in the retrobike classifieds?" are three different questions, and may have more than three different answers!

Scott Jones":1ya8re52 said:
FluffyChicken":1ya8re52 said:
Anyways, awaiting pics.
If you have detailed pics of the Rockshox stuff you can email them to me and i'll tag what everything is if I can.

I've emailed you the pics.
I would've popped them up on here, but haven't got a clue how.
Cheers for your help.

Just been going through them, some thing I know what they are and others are modern and probably use ChainReactionCycles as a guide
Springs, use ebay replacement spring prices as a guide for Judy/Indy/Manitou.

anyway email back with a half put together email.

Will look closer at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back