Help with Marin frame numbers please!

here I am with my new shiny (everyting shines made in titanium) marin team titanium
my BB have this letters:
T6HAC044
So i can assume is titanium frame, made in 1996, "C" measure (19")...
:)

cyb

hamster":24g5q4c5 said:
My 1990 Palisades (earlier in the thread) has the same long gap to the last digit.

Aha, interesting to note....didn't get time to read through the whole thread :oops: :LOL:

Thats what Tom from Marin wrote me:

Dear Markus,

Thank you for your message and especially your enthusiasm for Marin!

Our serial numbers reflect production data and do not refer to models.
From the serial number you have provided below I believe that your bike is a 1994 model.

Please send us a picture of your bike and we will do our best to identify the model.

Best regards,
Tom

On Feb 24, 2011, at 17:40 , Markus wrote:

> Dear ladies and gentlemen,
> I am a mountainbike enthusiast, and I love current and especially old
> Marin MTB models. I currently own a Marin East Peak fully and a possibly 94-95
> Marin model that I am unsure about the model.
> Could you explain me what the serial number is all about?
> The serial number on the bike: FJ4JA0183
> I would guess it could be a Rocky Ridge or a Indian Firetrail?
> Could you say me more?
> I want to rebuild this classic.
> Keep your good work up, especially your great frames!
>
> Yours Sincerely,
>
> Markus Herrmann

>

------------------------------------------------------
Tom Brown
Marin International Sales and Marketing
P.O. Box 108
CH-8123 Ebmatingen
Switzerland
Tel +41 44 887 6800 Fax +41 44 887 6801

Can someone help w/ my

serial #, I have a 1993 Marin the frame is I thick nickel plated like the team issue mtb but mine is a hybrid w/ 700c by 38 wheels
the serial # is MJ3DS0198 can anyone decifer these? Thank you very much!

So when I bought the bike, I was told it was a 1994 Bear Valley SE, turns out it is a 1996 according to the serial number?

F46GAB166

marin

Hi i have recently picked up this poor fella and i don't have a clue the reference numbers are as so it has A-Pro on the replaceable dropout

53ca0255
hope someone knows or recognizes it

DSCF1667.jpg

DSCF1669.jpg

DSCF1668.jpg

Some traces of earlier decals - the hint of an M in the frame to the left of the MARIN decal - which looks too low anyway. IIRC the earlier Alu ones had a different numbering scheme. To me it looks like an early Nail Trail or IFT, before the CNC bridges.

The later italic script came in late 90's (like your decal), but it has a canti bridge. Hmm. :?

hamster":m0x55og0 said:
Some traces of earlier decals - the hint of an M in the frame to the left of the MARIN decal - which looks too low anyway. IIRC the earlier Alu ones had a different numbering scheme. To me it looks like an early Nail Trail or IFT, before the CNC bridges.

The later italic script came in late 90's (like your decal), but it has a canti bridge. Hmm. :?

Never even seen the outline of the M well spotted sir
shame there wasn't an outline of anything on the top tube :(

Latest posts

Back