• Google+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Another one that's been lurking on here for a while, got back on the bike so thought I'd better ake myself known. Started off with my much loved RTS which I had for a couple of years before it developed a crack and was replaced under warranty by my Zaskar in '98. I fell out of love with biking when I learned to drive in '99 and didn't ride again until this year. Got the zaskar out, dusted it off, got on it and it runs perfect. So after sourcing a couple of retro bits that I could afford in the '90's I found this site.

Hello All,

Been lurking for a few weeks and like what I read.
My name is Pierre and I live in Apeldoorn - Netherlands.
Have been riding since the 70s. First bike a Peugeot PX10 with fenders) in 1973. Riding in low key roadraces and in some of the first MTB-races in Holland (first MTB was a red/white Giant Sierra with 3x6 speed and Campa track pedals).
Have had different jobs in cycling and during these years piled up loads of parts "that might be useful someday".
Actual bikes being ridden are recent, the classics are in the shed waiting for a good home or use.
If I can help some of you finishing projects it would be a pleasure.
Unfortunately posting to the UK is not cheap.

At
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v391/PinoNoir/Bikes/ some recent bikes.

Happy trails!

Pierre

Hi I stumbled on here by a complete accident. I came to the conclusion that I should do up my '94 Marin Bear Valley SE and was searching for a right hand shifter/brake lever when I saw a link to this site. I was amazed at how many people still have the old bikes and how good they look when done. if mine looks half as good I would be well pleased.

Also got a modern Bianchi road bike and split screen camper - more toys please!

Hi there everyone,

New to this forum. Have resurrected my old '96 Kona Hahanna and when fixing it up have discovered that it's now "retro"! Just ordered my "dream forks" that era from eBay - Rock Shox Judy XC. So will post up pics once I get the bike finished.

Steve

Hello evevyone

I finally decided to spend more time on this forum, that's why I finally register myself.

I'm a 32 years old frenchman (sorry), I started mountain biking in 91 after few years roadbiking.
Since the begining I fell in love with Cannondale and this passion never quit me.

I worked for few bike companies as Cannondale and Specialized, till I decide to come back in my Pyrénées and take care of our familly business. I originally coming from a small village on the slope of the Col du Tourmalet and I was missing mountains a lot.

I was still working for Cannondale when I started collecting vintage mountain bike. Now on, I have over 30 bikes.

Cheers.

hello all,found this site after stumbling round t'internet looking for old konas.even though i always wanted a kona i somehow started out on an orange clockwork which i had for about 12 years before chopping it in for a spesh s-works fsr 120 stumpjumper but after a few years riding that i decided enough was enough and sold my bike and all my gear :cry: .now 2 years later and about 4 stone heavier i bought a trek 6000 superlight to have another crack at it but while i was looking for my trek i started noticing all the old konas on ebay and the bikes of my youth took a grip on me once more.so it's time for the trek to go and sort myself out a bike i always wanted,a nice vintage kona

cheers,mick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back