Retro-ish looking lock ons

Mm, the Ritchey locking collars look a bit like an afterthought. Those Superstar ones are quite tidy, no idea what they're like to use though.

MikeD":1g8g18pn said:
Mm, the Ritchey locking collars look a bit like an afterthought. Those Superstar ones are quite tidy, no idea what they're like to use though.

Indeed, the collar at the flared end of the grip looks a bit 'cobbed on'.

Will order some of those superstar ones up to give a try. Cheap enough. Had a set for another bike (the wifes :LOL: ) and they were of perfectly good quality.

John I have some superstar ones, they are well made, I find them comfortable, but they do have a inner sleave.

You also get a free packet of sweet's when you buy em :)

Passiflora

I have some peaty lock ons in grey that are quite retro looking,they come with different colour lock bits but sure you can get black locks as well :?

I am always stuck on ODI Ruffians lock on, best grips ever. Not bad look in all black.

ifound the rufians wore down too quick
im on all black yeti (odi) lock ons
very soft and very comfy and have lasted longer than the ruffians
and a hark back to retroness (yeti)

John":frcye6w3 said:
Anyone used these ODI mushroom esque ones from superstar

I'm using these on one of my bikes. Very similar feel to the original Tomac Attacks (on two other bikes).
They have a slightly larger overall circumference than Tomacs and a very subtle octagonal shape.
I like them.

I've used the yeti hardcore lock ons, they are very comfy, especiallythe ones with the large oval palm sized yeti logo, lasted a while and very grippy
Currently on more modern NC17 with White Powdercoat collars on my Moho, Saracen has the yeti in all black
Specialized is on new ergon ones

Latest posts

Back