2011 Trek Fuel EX9 project

Looks very tidy Nick. What chainset you going to run on it?

Suprised you went for the Fox forks over the Quadra's ;)

I'd have the opposite look to yours if I did. ;)

I'm dumping on the Deore crankset that I was running on the old Trek, I'll run it through the winter and then replace it next spring with an XT item. Well that's the plan, but Christmas is around the corner...

That looks cracking Nick (been away all weekend working, sorry for not getting the last pics requested over)

No problem mate thanks for the first set, they helped.

Bikes nearly there now, just a little additional tweaking needed when the shock arrives.

I still need to replace that horrible grey Deore outer ring. Anyone got a 4 bolt 44T with a BCD of 104 that they want rid of in silver or black?

nick_fuel_ex9_13.jpg

Well aside from a new 44T chainring, which should be here next week, I think the bike is complete. I'll likely add a touch of colour over the next few months, but it's rideable as it it stands.

I took her out today for a ride and was surprised how unfit I am after 7 weeks out of the saddle, but the bike was a joy to ride and amazing on the downhill rough stuff! I think I may have to consider some body armour!

nick_fuel_ex9_16.jpg

nick_fuel_ex9_17.jpg

nick_fuel_ex9_18.jpg

nick_fuel_ex9_19.jpg

No, that's what I thought they were sending but it's actually an RP2 with the extra can on top. It's miles better than the old Fox shock I had, so no complaints.

Somehow missed this finished build. Looks superb. Lets see some shots of it used though!

I didn't think there was much interest here, I figured her to be far too modern to hold much attention. ;) The truth be told though I've only got one photo, I seem to be the only one taking pictures on rides and most of the time it's of the scenery!

So here's a single picture of her in the Lakes a couple of weekends ago and a few 'scenery' pics all from the phone camera. Please excuse the seat, the white one I originally had fitted caused me to have a swollen backside after sitting on it for 20 miles, so I changed it back to my comfy, battered old seat!

nick_trekex9_01.jpg

derwentwater_051210_01.jpg

derwentwater_051210_04.jpg

derwentwater_051210_08.jpg

Back