Bargain Ebay bike lights

Has anyone tried these without the reflector fitted?

Sitting messing about last night, unscrewed the end cap, removed reflector and tried the light without..
A massive circle of clean light, brighter than before (well, that's how it looked to me ;) )

Tried it in the garden but there's too much light pollution here..

Anyone care to give it a go in the dark??

kaiser":331x7cqr said:
Anyone mounted the lights on oversize bars yet?
Yeah, wasn't a problem, they come with 1 thick and 1 thin rubber. I need both on mine, my mates modern trail bike just used the thin

Maybe it is sad for British business that we are forced to seek bargains overseas, but that is the way of business, sad, but times change and with that undoubtedly the economic power centres.

If China stands to become an economic power, then good for them, for they are working hard at it, and with hope some of the most poorest of Chinese citizens might at some point be able to rise out of extreme poverty via providing the decadent west with what it desires so much at the cheapest price.

Chinese products, what I have bought from them I am very impressed with, ( I drive a Chinese mortorcycle ), and their attitude to customer service is second to none, something which I do find amiss sometimes with buying locally, where I have even detected an arrogance on behalf of the seller which has made me turn around and walk away.

But lights, I will be purchasing a couple of these when funds recover, red bezel to go with my red theme as a replacement for my lovely LedLenser Aviator, which is fantastic as a light, but it's not waterproof and that is a problem, as using it, I am wrecking it.

Although I do hope it does not happen, these Chinese lights are of a price that if they are left on the cycle, should they get stolen, it is not so hard on the pocket. The rear light I will always remove and pocket, for it is my faithfull eight year old transparent cateye single LED that takes expensive photo batteries.

My journey to college is through woods and down dark bridleways as well as road, about half and half, these lights, two of them one dipped near and one thrown out a bit further should do the job nicely.

Well done to the Chinese and well done to LGF for bringing this to me.

Oh, as regards to light brackets, I use the following ;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-MOUNTAIN-...isure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item230ae5dd0d

Three years now and it is still doing it's job, but as a safety feature, I loop my torch hand strap around the bars. But as a more secure function, and I have experimented, a self tapping screw through either side of the torch holder tightens things up a bit.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Got my two light the other day, mount is good for oversize bars and cramped cockpits at that. Fitted them to the CX bike which has CX levers, anyway managed to fit a pair on quite neatly. Will be commuting on monday so will see how they fare.

Kev Duckworth":2r4p2pp9 said:
kaiser":2r4p2pp9 said:
Anyone mounted the lights on oversize bars yet?
Yeah, wasn't a problem, they come with 1 thick and 1 thin rubber. I need both on mine, my mates modern trail bike just used the thin

Yes used the thin rubber on mine.

Just ordered myself one as well. Also, whilst tramping round the shops today with the wife, had a good look round the prices for rechargable AAAs. Found the best "high street" deal was Boots. They are doing a 4 pack Duracell rechargable AAA 1000mHa for £5 but with a 3-for-2 deal, that means 12 AAAs for a tenner :D Their pricing is very odd though, coz they were also selling Duracell 800 mHa 4 pack for noticably more :?

Unless they got their prices all a muddle, in which case, get down to Camberley, Surrey QUICK!!

What's the current arrival time then for postage from China?

The reason I ask, is I am waiting for my first, been a week now.

Back