Laser Eye Surgery - £50 voucher

daveaasmith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Considered it? Scared?

I've just had treatment at Optical Express, and wanted to let anyone who is considering it know, that it is amazing. I was bricking myself but there really was no need. Completely pain free, and just 48 hours later my vision was already better than 20/20.

They gave me some referral vouchers, which entitle anyone having treatment to £50 off their cost (I used one for my treatment). The consultation is free - take a look at www.opticalexpress.com and give them a call / email enquiry.

Want to know more, or ask me about my experience, go ahead (or call me 07771840712).

If you want a £50 off voucher, PM me and I'll send the details.

always been interested but wondered about long term ramifications given our sight naturally gets longer as we age and so will ultimately need glasses anyway...

how much did it cost in total?

I went for the most expensive option, which is LASIK with Wavefront and Intralase.

LASIK - a flap is created rather than LASEK (where your cornea is softened and moved aside, but more painfull).

Wavefront - your eye is scanned prior to treatment, and the 'map' of each individual imperfection your eye is fed into the laser rather than just your prescription. More accurate and reduces/removes some characteristics like night time glare and halos

Intralase - a laser is used to create the corneal flap rather than a blade.

Total cost £1495 per eye. A lot yeah, but worth every penny!

daveaasmith":33k1q2cp said:
Heh heh, err, ouch, don't fancy that laser going anywhere near my third eye........... :shock:

Good answer! Reminds me of a team jersey I saw at a race BiTD:
Team Ooh Me Plums!

Back