Help identifying a Belgian??? Rider Frame - SLX Tubing

elllguapo

Dirt Disciple
Hi - I bought this bike earlier in the year and now trying to figure out what I might actually do with it now...

Since I have moved it out of storage - I have been able to take some photos and would like to know more about the bike.

The frame is made of Columbus SLX Tubing, says Rider on the side, a little white bird (almost columbusesque) painted on the settube and headtube. Rider is stamped all over it - Brake bride, bottobracket shell (top and bottom), top of the rear stays, fork crown, and even the rear dropouts. I could not find a serial number and trying to sear for "racer + rider" on google obviously doesnt lead me anywhere fruitful. They guy I bought it from didnt know anything about it as it wasnt his bike.

Needless to say the bike has a fantastic 80s paint scheme (in someones eyes) and chrome details and is built up with a campy 7 speed groupset. I got it with two sets of tubless wheels - and the frame has a number hanger on it. Frame seems to be cromed under the paint as well - as some of the paint has been chipped away on the bb - and it looksl like crome under there...

I have just guessed it is from belgian - no idea really.

Anyone have any idea about this bike?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55622707@N08/5150566859/

Attachments

• 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 2,654
Rider are Belgian or Dutch - I think they were more of a marketing operation rather than a producer - they certainly used to do clothing too. Judging by the paintjob, I'd date it late 80s/early 90s and many frames of that era were fully chromed and then painted

Rider were as you say a marketing/wholesaling operation. Going by the address in the attached adverts from March 16 1989 Cycling Weekly, the UK distributor was Graham Weigh. I don't think the brand lasted very long but no idea why. I'll have to ask Graham!

They seem to have had a wide range of items in the range but who these were actually manufactured by.....??

Attachments

• RiderAdvertMarch89.2.A.jpg
    RiderAdvertMarch89.2.A.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 2,613
  • RiderAdvertMarch89.1.A.jpg
    RiderAdvertMarch89.1.A.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,613
Wow, the gear in that last picture is fantastic! I can picture Timmy Mallet wearing that on Wacaday :D

thanks for the replys and the ads - I really have to get some of that rider massage kit. I thought concorde, as an uneducated guess, when I first saw it - which is the only thing that lead me to think belgian.

starting to piece it together.

Latest posts

Back