MacRetro 2011

Retro specific? Retro bias? Aye, but don't make a meet retro only. Bums on saddles gents - do you really want someone deciding not to show up because they don't have a retro ride?

I would back a retro only day, one a year, most folk have or could cobble together a retro ride and lets face it retro covers a wide range of sins and bikes.

Retro only at Drum sounds good to me.

You might want to make that May Drum date your big national event next year. There will only be 7 main RetroBike rides next year- Cannock, Thetford, forest of Dean, MacRetro, BDW, Peaks plus a seventh that will be tendered for and put to a poll.

Drum is pretty easy for the Sassanaches to get to. We have added it to our provisional calendar and will give it a push with the Englanders.

Si

MacRetrofest at Drum would be the only retro only, we could use Glentress seeing as it was the original venue to get those bums on seats :) shanghai the lurkers!

So far chronologically then and including some of the volunteers :twisted: :

First off would be TK's winter wonderland at Dunkeld, had a great time this year and last and always a good winter warmer. This on the 30th of January The Ken

Laggan April

MrP's Epic Extavaganza Easterish Mr P

Drumlanrig MacRetrofest May Kaiser/Gazz RETRO ONLY?

I'm wanting to push Glentress back to our June slot, next year will be our 4th and I reckon the longest running area group meet. October was a wee bit cold but in saying that I'm amazed the turnout we got considering. GT should be the weekend of the 4/5 June

What about a lomonds or pentlands solstice ride? Rather than GT at solstice. 21st of June or the weekend folowing? Mikee

Apart from that we could maybe organise at least one sortie down south en masse. Might take a wee bit of coordination but it would be good to take a few scalps I believe the BDW is a joint effort between the northeners so we could kick two asses at the same time. BDW is July 22-24

Arran September

Anyone else want to get involved in organising stuff? Any other ideas to bounce about? Anything on there so far that questionable? Anything else we could firm up. I reckon we shouldn't really plan too much more, looks pretty good to me and leaves plenty room for the ad hoc stuff.

kaiser":rhfbngt7 said:
Anyone else want to get involved in organising stuff? Any other ideas to bounce about? Anything on there so far that questionable? Anything else we could firm up. I reckon we shouldn't really plan too much more, looks pretty good to me and leaves plenty room for the ad hoc stuff.

I'd like to help but Im rarely on Retrobike :roll:

Back