Have your say! Decide the colour scheme for my Harry Quinn!

themightyw

Dirt Disciple
Hi folks

Well thanks to these forums I'm now the proud owner of a 1965 Harry Quinn frame, that's ripe for the rebuilding.

On my new Mighty Quinn bike restoration blog I'd welcome any ideas or suggestions for colour schemes or how you'd approach the job, as it's the first of these I've done.

Have your say! Here's the blog!

0_0_4c3e925f04ee1484acf7f0ef33f8fc1a_1.jpg

Well, it's got the 'Q' in the number so it's a real HQ. If a frame purporting to be an HQ doesn't have the capital Q (made from an O and a 'squiggle') then it isn't a genuine one.

I like it's current colour scheme, quite classy and understated.

Depending on where you live, Chris Marshall in Keighley does a good refurb job.

Back in the early 80's I saw a bike a very similar blue to this but it had gold 3/4 stays and full forks sexy as anything. So that would be my vote renovate the blue but gold where the chrome is now. TRES TRES :cool: :cool:

Hijacking the thread very slightly,

I have to imagine that the whole frame is chromed so why only the front lugs left chrome :?: Does anyone else think the frame would look more balanced with the seat lug and bottom bracket shell left chrome :?:

Great blog and plan :D I reckon do what your doing and get the next one period ;)

Love your frame...

alecstilleyedye":3htdkqpz said:
as half man half biscuit did a song called 'lilac harry quinn", lilac…

Not Harry, but a lilac-ish Quinn! Just in case you are considering suddenly going pink!

I didn't restore, but I think you mention in your blog about whether you'd be able to mask your head decal? Mercian said no problem to me to do so, so I imagine most place can do so no problem.

If I was to refurb, I'd have had to as I can't find RJ transfers anywhere. I was even considering drawing and making my own, you can actually by blank waterslide decal paper that is printable!

Back