What Rocky Mountain?

dainesefreak

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
May be a silly question (mine usually are) but does anyone have an idea what Rocky Mountain this is?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rocky-Mountain-17 ... dZViewItem

1389_3.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It's not a silly question! It's a Stratos (I asked). It was de-painted by its original owner (a friend of the seller) and polished, but without any replacement of the original decals until the current owner stuck these (eBay) ones on it.

I know nothing about aluminium frames, but the fork is from about 94 isn't it? I didn't know the Stratos model was made that long ago, but he says that Shockwave were the original suppliers and they say that's what it is.

A bit of info from the website;

Rocky Mountain sells its first aluminium production bike - the "Stratos." It features a 7000 series aluminium frame. Rocky Mountain expands internationally, shipping a total of five bikes to Germany.

Looks like the model has been around for a while in one guise or another.

It is worth , what you are prepared to pay for it . ;)
but I would not pay £200 for it . :LOL:

I was watching this, but not really decided. Not massively rare, and shame all the paints/decals gone. Parts look to be pretty worthless STX too. They may function OK, but worth very little even if they do. In which case, starts getting pricey for the frame only.

Does that help?
:?

cchris2lou":e9uizxwf said:
It is worth , what you are prepared to pay for it . ;)
but I would not pay £200 for it . :LOL:

Touche! I was going to put is the glass half empty . . .

gump - This is what I've been muling over and factoring in replacements it's not a cheap old entry level bike I suppose. Although I could possibly swallow £150 more than £200 for it but then it will probably go for more than that and if it didn't would I have been taken for a mug if I paid that for it? ;)

This is why I ask you see, to stop my impetuous nature!

There was a really nice RM Hammer that I had, and passed on to Hilts, that went to the bay. This was a frame only and went for just over £100 IIRC. 1996. Original paint, repro decals. Rode beautifully. To me, thats what I would prefer to this, but each to their own.

Some bikes you just like more than others, and willing to pay more. Each to their own :D As much as I like Rockys, this one doesn't float my boat
:(

Latest posts

Back