BoTM November 2010 - Carbon Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get your point but in reality all early 90s bikes made of carbon were innovative as the material was still relatively new,the same as steel reached its peak in the late 80s :? carbon may not reach its peak until thirty years from now,as such 90s carbon bikes are surely retro :cool:

24pouces":3hyk95i4 said:
marin man":3hyk95i4 said:
So 1996 is not oldskool them :? Thought it was :?

Old school or not, the answer is subjective ;)

Is quite right, it's all very subjective.

Perhaps you ought to reread the rules MM, esp this one

4. If you aren't prepared that your bike undergo criticism as part of BoTM don't enter it. We have many 1000s of views on this thread in a month - make sure both you and your bike are ready!

Funny how the subjective thing works. I see that STS and think 'retro' (admittedly late retro). I see the endorphin and don't really see it as being retro.

marin man":tb633n2e said:
I get your point but in reality all early 90s bikes made of carbon were innovative as the material was still relatively new,the same as steel reached its peak in the late 80s :? carbon may not reach its peak until thirty years from now,as such 90s carbon bikes are surely retro :cool:

Steel peaked in the 80's? :shock:
I am behind the times.

Criticism does'nt worry me john ...water off a ducks back ;)

I just wondered where some people draw the line thats all,I think it has more to do with the period people had aspirations to rather than a year :? anyway just my thoughts.

It is subjective yes john...seeing as they are both from the same year and all :?

Anyway I see no criticism and have made none myself.

marin man":2gfg95jr said:
Criticism does'nt worry me john ...water off a ducks back ;)

I just wondered where some people draw the line thats all,I think it has more to do with the period people had aspirations to rather than a year :? anyway just my thoughts.

It is subjective yes john...seeing as they are both from the same year and all :?

Anyway I see no criticism and have made none myself.

I'm glad, you just seemed quite defensive.

If you're endorphin is 96 then it's a year older than the STS. Again, all about pereception.

Anyhow I'm sure you can discuss this all day so let's not.

More carbon bikes please :cool:

My Alan...
alan.jpg

teksti.jpg

Unfortunately... not totally build up anymore :oops:

marin man":16vnzbu9 said:
:shock: Nice :D but is that a crack in your top tube lug....might be a reflection :?

It is actually a highly distorted reflection of a garden chair.
You can see me too, if you look closely :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back