BOX CNC brake levers

They are just works of alloy art. No wonder they cost £200. The workman ship is just perfect

There were the two versions of these - the ones above with the off centre clamp suited gripshift best, the others with a regular style centered bar clamp suited other style shifters. Mine work great with gripshifters (Presicion Billet, obviously-can't be using anything other than CNC with these levers!)

BOX - 2 versions?

pete_mcc":3u7nk58d said:
There were the two versions of these - the ones above with the off centre clamp suited gripshift best, the others with a regular style centered bar clamp suited other style shifters. Mine work great with gripshifters (Presicion Billet, obviously-can't be using anything other than CNC with these levers!)

Did not know they came in two version. Can anyone post a picture of that other version?
I agree that my version lookes like it is designed for use with twist shifters.
I did run them with the '96 version of GripShift, the SRT800 if I remember correctly, but still had to move them pretty far inwards to position them so that I could brake with two fingers (at least I believe it is tended to be used as a 2 finger brake, right?).
After this the crash happened with my old XT lever but I agree with Pete: I have to put them back on not tighten the bolt to much so it can move if I crash again .... ;)

@simon: do you know Danny personally? What is he up to nowadays?

cchris2lou, tip me the nod please when/if any adjusters are available, got to agree, they do look the mutts. got a build gagging for these, cheers al.

Here is the homepage, of the guy making them .

pretty good i reckon . ;)

he is hoping to have them done soon . so when he says they are ready I ll ask him .

cchris2lou":3k8bpsnw said:
Here is the homepage, of the guy making them .
pretty good i reckon . ;)
Wowzers some nice stuff there. Gotta be pretty handy with a lathe to make your own derailleurs... Love the BMX pedals too.

BOX levers - but now got Alteks as well!

I will put these BOX levers on my bike again, they are to nice to put away in box somehwere in the garage...

(anyone find a picture of that other version (as not for v-brakes?))

but....

YESSSSS!

I did finally find some Altek levers! :cool:
(thanks to SuperE on mtbr.com - thanks Eric)

I'll make a new topic for that ;)

(I'll leave my signature since I can always use another set I suppose ;) )

BOX levers non V?

No one has a picture of the 'normal' version - not being the gripshift version?

the V non-V (see previous post) was a misunderstanding.... :oops:

I really wonder what they look like... (the 'normal' version that is ;) )

Back