The hunt for another Deputy AEC

I think its nothing to do with moderating Velo, in fact I don't think apart from stickying things and general housework there is any moderating to do. The main reason is to take some pressure off the AEC and existing Dep on the organising/rides themselves.... if you are putting on 12-15 rides a year it is difficult for said AEC to get to all the rides, having a few extra hands means that monthly rides can still go ahead with at least an AEC or Dep in attendence.

NE&Yorks is getting an extra Dep too which is great news for me, the pressure is off for me to put on rides that involve a 4 hour journey each way. I can now take time off to ride in different areas with different groups knowing that someone else will be putting on a quility ride on home turf. So whilst my Deps are hard at work i can spend a little more time in MacRetroland , whilst Chris puts on a ride in South Yorkshire for example.

velomaniac":1wfew0qx said:
I know I'm often a bit out of the loop in MacRetro but, bearing in mind we have only a dozen regular riders if even that, why do we have 4 x moderators in just one General Chat section :?
As we saw last year burnout was a major issue within the subforums. This way we can ease the load considerably on the AEC and Deputies whilst also injecting a boost of new ideas, routes and knowledge. Hopefully with these extra hands at our disposal Klaus and I will be able to keep you in the loop a little more next year.

Thanks awfully for the info ;)

Strange though, with 4 mods I get the news on whats going on from 2 reps of other areas :LOL:

velomaniac":23eh7b1u said:
Thanks awfully for the info ;)

Strange though, with 4 mods I get the news on whats going on from 2 reps of other areas :LOL:
Its a team effort as always ;)

Velo why not have 4? Onwards and upwards an all that!

Current MacRetro post count approx 18,800

Rest of the country approx 11,400

:roll:

Moderators Away!

Agree, moderator is the wrong word in this context, we want to take the very successful organic ride structure we have here in macretro land (look at how carron valley this weekend took shape :cool: ) and organised things even better, more effectively and efficiently, get them well publicized and en-devour to get more folk out on the trails- sharing the load with some more DAEC's albeit I hasten to add that most macretro riders do their fair share already.

clockworkgazz":2ew0wj5h said:
Agree, moderator is the wrong word in this context, we want to take the very successful organic ride structure we have here in macretro land (look at how carron valley this weekend took shape :cool: ) and organised things even better, more effectively and efficiently, get them well publicized and en-devour to get more folk out on the trails- sharing the load with some more DAEC's albeit I hasten to add that most macretro riders do their fair share already.

Perfectly put :) though I don't want to en-devour anyone! We do have a dozen regular riders but that number has been growing steadily and this hopefully will help to bring it on even further.

velomaniac":3qw4dmrs said:
The Why refers to your decreased pass alocation, thats all !

Because I'm having a baby! :D

Congrats big chap :D

Btw the wife is having the baby your holding her hand and standing about like a spare part.

Back