Hope disc timeline

The RS-1 bike came with a Campy Tandem rear hub to accommodate the disc brake rotor. Fisher bought 1000 of them at an outrageous price to fit onto the RS-1. I remember disassembling one to repack it and spilling a lot of tiny ball bearings all over the floor-was a nightmare to find them all and get it back together again! :D

The Ken":3jwgqug7 said:
Although the early spider design looks like it would still bolt to my hub the offset would cause a clash with my forks.

did you try the spider i got from you ? i have a ceramic disc with spider sitting that has less of an offset (a good 4mm - 5mm less) you wana see if it fit's ? :D

My disc doesn't use a spider so there can't be any offset at all between the mount point and the rotor, unless I jimmy around with the caliper mount.

Just got these emailed to me by Ollie at Arrow Cycles ( http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/arrow-cycles/ ) after loosing an auction by them for what looks like a NOS 1994 Hope Front cable brake with a rare (I have never come across one) Rockshox Mag 21 mount.

hopebrake04.jpg

hopebrake03.jpg

hopebrake01.jpg

hopebrake02.jpg

Thanks Ollie great scans.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Great thread! Im currently working on something very interesting built around a set of mk1 brakes, the frame and forks have the mounts brazed on from new (92 frame). I have a mk1 front hub (sadly with damaged end caps/bolts if anyone can help me out there?) and a newer rear hub (red flanges, Ti centre). Before I started the strip down i had a quick go and they were actually pretty damn good!

Ill get some pics up of the cool fillet brazed frame mounts.

Rod_Saetan":79tjpw2v said:
Great thread! Im currently working on something very interesting built around a set of mk1 brakes, the frame and forks have the mounts brazed on from new (92 frame). I have a mk1 front hub (sadly with damaged end caps/bolts if anyone can help me out there?) and a newer rear hub (red flanges, Ti centre). Before I started the strip down i had a quick go and they were actually pretty damn good!

Ill get some pics up of the cool fillet brazed frame mounts.

get some pictures of the hubs up :D

Next week or so. Maybe. I have a few things to sort out with it first.

I have a newer rear hub which Id like to replace if possible.

Back