The old ones are the best!

Ibis

Now thats GORGEOUS!

But after 15mins of looking at it I can't figure out how the hell the rear sus. works without it snapping :LOL: Must have my beer goggles on!

What year is your ibis then Gil ?
Is that the original shock ?
Is the braze on the the LHS os the top tube for the rear brake cable? If so how have you run the hydraulic line for the disc. Don't see any zip ties etc.

Where were you riding it too. Looks cool, obviously not the superlative quality of Wales but good none the less.

Agency_Scum":rfblaotl said:
" What year? What shock? Is the braz-on...? "

John, you're asking the wrong questions.

Gil:
" CAN I HAVE A GO?!!! "
:LOL:

You're right :D

I was trying to be insightful and ask worthwhile questions

Oh I get like that all the time. What I love about the bike is the " thoughtful " spec. Everything looks just right.

A bit more info for those who don't really know the Bow Ti's very well

Frame first built in 1997 designed around a 63-80mm front fork, with V-brake mounts only, not surprising for 1997

Geometry tweaked for 100mm fork in 1999 and shortly after production ceased

From memory around 200 were made in this time

5" travel "pivot less" frame using a Fox Alps 5R shock ~ that's why a couple of guys can't see any pivots, all the flex is in the long Ti tube that runs from the head tube to the rear dropouts, sounds weird but works a treat and nothing to wear out

Currently running with a Fox RP3 shock, but still have the Alps, just thought the new platform shock might work a little better.

The braze on cable stops on the left and right of the top tube are for the V-brake and the front mech, to be honest they are a bit of a pair, sometimes clip you leg on them, the only real downside.

The rear mech cable runs down the underside of the flexible "leaf spring" down tube, and has cable outer the whole way, couple of Ti "O" guides, I have held the other sections in place using self adhesive cable guides, you can zip tie these as well but if you clean the tube properly the guides bond very well, give a nice clean line as well.

Rear disc mount is a Hope adaptor mount, this took some sorting and thanks go to the guys at Pace, bit of machining and tweaking but works a treat, hose is mounted in the same manner as the rear mech cable but without the Ti "O"'s obviously.

Trails are part of the new trail network in Dalby Forest, North Yorkshire, which I have had quite a lot of involvement with, from a design and building point of view, should be excellent when they are finished, over 50Km of purpose built non-armoured "natural" trails, they will be opening this time next year.

Dare I say it, I have a bit of a love for Ibis bikes, this is one of 4 I have, early "Handjob" mojo, late disc specific Handjob and a Silk Ti ~ looking for a Hakkalugi, Simon doesn't know how close I was on that Orange one on ebay a while ago.

Seriously if anybody is in the North Yorkshire area, drop me a PM and I'll try and sort a ride :)

FYI...the Bowtie is still available, commissioned by Castallano and fabbed by Steve Potts. Be ready to ante up though :D

cheers,

rody

Latest posts

Back