1999 Specialized Hemi 20"

Member 10502

Retro Guru
this is my beloved spesh hemi bmx. it dates from 1999, but its in near mint condition

its an aluminium frame and it is lighter than a lot of bmx's of today. its got 10mm axles front and rear. it is brakeless, and has had brand new tires, chain, front wheel, sprocket, and grips fitted.

its very light, fast and great fun bike. also its very rare. i doubt there are even 10 left in the uk

spec:

forks. shadow conspiracy
front wheel. Gusset bastard
rear wheel. formula
crankset and pedals. DMR
Tyres. Maxxis
grips. ODI
Headset. speacialized (sealed)
saddle. specialized fsr
h Bars. prolite stealth
stem. GT performance race stem

asking £250 plus postage. offers are welcome though

Attachments

• 1999 hemi.jpg
    1999 hemi.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,927
there are a couple watchers on ebay and only 3 days left so i'll let the auction run.

im sure it'll sell for less on ebay than i was asking for it, so good luck. youve got 2 allready so im guessing you'll cherish it :D

cheers

im one of them lol
do you know model of the crank? and whats the pins like on the pedals?
Also does it have the holes in the frame for the brake cable and do you have the gromits for them

dirtydozen":1865bnpy said:
im one of them lol
do you know model of the crank? and whats the pins like on the pedals?
Also does it have the holes in the frame for the brake cable and do you have the gromits for them

cranks are DMR Chieftain (nice and smooth) forks are shadow conspiracy, (dont know the model) pins in the pedals are pretty good condition and ive serviced the pedals myself (new grease/bearings and no play) it has inserts on the other side of the frame for brake cables

the bike is a junior racing bmx so you would have to change the rear wheel in order to have rear brakes

dirtydozen":1cenvkky said:
so is it not a 20inch rear wheel???
its classed as a 20 but its actually more like a 22" apparantly. it currently has ordinary 20" wheels and forks so you can have a brake on the front but not the rear. ive had no brakes on it anyway so its not been a problem. the best person to ask for info is Grannygrinder on here. he was selling a silver one of these that you were interested in. he filled me in on this on my old account but i cant really remember now. i know you can still buy the parts and build the wheel yourself, but youi wont find one ready built

Attachments

• p3pb5798197.jpg
    p3pb5798197.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,872
Member 10502":3gdlgsst said:
dirtydozen":3gdlgsst said:
so is it not a 20inch rear wheel???
its classed as a 20 but its actually more like a 22" apparantly. it currently has ordinary 20" wheels and forks so you can have a brake on the front but not the rear. ive had no brakes on it anyway so its not been a problem. the best person to ask for info is Grannygrinder on here. he was selling a silver one of these that you were interested in. he filled me in on this on my old account but i cant really remember now. i know you can still buy the parts and build the wheel yourself, but youi wont find one ready built

does that mean, you're out? :?:

Back