MacRetro 2011

Found this when tidying up last night, leaflet picked up in Fort Billious - Nevis loop :D

nevisscan0001.jpg

:D

looks like a cool run Mr P top work.

Any more requests for a big meet, would be good to firm up dates and get these on the 2011 desk diary.

MrP looking at our plans so far and taking into account the midgie factor etc when do you propose would be a good time for the Epic!?

So far chronologically then and including some of the volunteers :twisted: :

First off would be TK's winter wonderland at Dunkeld, had a great time this year and last and always a good winter warmer. This on the 30th of January The Ken

Laggan April

Drumlanrig MacRetrofest May Kaiser/Gazz

I'm wanting to push Glentress back to our June slot, next year will be our 4th and I reckon the longest running area group meet. October was a wee bit cold but in saying that I'm amazed the turnout we got considering. GT should be the weekend of the 4/5 June

What about a lomonds or pentlands solstice ride? Rather than GT at solstice. 21st of June or the weekend folowing? Mikee

Apart from that we could maybe organise at least one sortie down south en masse. Might take a wee bit of coordination but it would be good to take a few scalps I believe the BDW is a joint effort between the northeners so we could kick two asses at the same time. BDW is July 22-24

Arran September

kaiser":2ped3moe said:
MrP looking at our plans so far and taking into account the midgie factor etc when do you propose would be a good time for the Epic!?

Easter through to June, weatherwise and midges. Nice to go early in the year to get snow capped peaks panoramas, and lets face it - weather is gonny be what the Big Man decides on the day :cool:

Skye would be a weekend due to travelling distances I imagine.

Nevis could (with a tail wind) be a one dayer but prob better to expand it to a weekend ( if only to allow an ascent of BN the following day via Carn Mor Dearg Arete :D "Around and Up the Ben" :D :D ) Champion weekend's entertainment. If knackering.

how does eck control the weather?

And agree I can't wait till the tail end of the year, earlier the better for me.

What about March/April then? Could move Laggan to suit, might actually be better slotting it into a longer summer day anyway!

Could also do a poll for the venue, Skye extravaganza or Tour De Nevis or WHW revisited!

Was also thinking we could nominate some of the meets/events retro only or retro biased?

I think Dunkeld and Drumlanrig should be retro specific.
The former because as its our first of the year it should be a mission statement of what MacRetro and Retrobike are about and the latter because as we all agree Drumlanrig is just so old school feeling. ;)

The Drum one was always going to be retro specific, but a retro bias to Dunkers would be good, though we got a good turnout last year and it was run what ya brung! Arran would be another nice retro bias. The question is should Drum be retro only!

Back