magura questions ???????

marin man

Old School Grand Master
I need to trim some braided hoses,any tips...........

Also I need to trim some ordinary magura hoses :roll:
In the book it says you dont need to bleed them if you trim them carefully and dont touch the lever when the system is open :? is this right :?:

Also it says you can bleed them with cooking oil.....really :?:

I had some red tomacs years ago and they were the right length when I got them so never had these issues :LOL:

Can I run the rear one without the booster as it will hit the frame at high travel on my mount vision :? I am using the evo 2 mounts which dont get in the way....will that be enough :?: Thanks.

Yes. I Run one with out a booster. As for bleeding them i found best left to a good shop.

I think the evo 2 booster is enough really...and we have no "good" shops round here tintin :cry:

Are you putting one of your plastic bikes in botm :cool: mines there already ;)

The trick for trimming is to tape the hose to a board or similar. If you leave it loose it springs and flicks oil out. If you are careful you can avoid bleeding.

yep, stay away from the lever while it's open, one of my work experience workers pulled the lever after i told him "dont touch the lever while this is off!"
..."this one?" *squirt*

can be shortened without a bleed as it has a closed top end preventing fluid running out of the bottom, like putting your finger over the end of a straw, you can lift it out of the drink while it is full

bleeding is simple though (with the correct fittings) fill from the bottom, pushing air upwards and out of the top, i would always go for a hydraulic mineral oil rather than any of the cooking or lubricant varieties though

Thanks,I succesfully trimmed them down earlier and all is well :cool:

I would like to fit the stainless hoses but they also need trimming....how do I cut them neatly :?

i fitted my goodridge hoses with a good set of cable cutters, mine are Bikehut ones (cyclo)
very tidy cut
then for goodridge i had to trim the plastic outer back, a careful measuring session and a SHARP stanley knife later it was done
i rolled the hose along the workbench while applying the stanley blade, made a nice straight controlled cut

Back