The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy!

Hi. Thought i'd mark my innaugral post on these forums by saying that i am now the proud owner (after 16 years of waiting) of a BRAND NEW Tioga Disk Drive which i am going to fit to my '92 Klein Attitude XTR in horizon linear fade.

I reckon the pink'n'blue graphics on the disk will look great against the paint! :cool:

Hi DD,

Would like to see some pics of your bike when it's all done...I always wanted a disc drive, but from what The Tomes was saying about his one, they don't last that long...50 miles competition use or something...

Such a cool sound though! :)

Rich

Yeah upon close inspection and reading some of the points in the owners manual i can see why they might have 'grenaded' as the legend that is Johnny T so aptly put it.

But i am confident that if the wheel is built properly and sensibly i.e not over tensioned then it should easily cope with my riding style.

The torque and pressure deflection figures actually make the Disk Drive stronger than a spoked wheel!

Will definitely post some pics but after the respray methinks. :D

Has anyone seen my Moonrise Attitude ! ! !

Hi there Retro people...

Ive been meaning to join up with a retro bike forum since the Klein Owners Club split! Unfortunately ( shame due to the wrong reasons! ) I have been pushed to join a little quicker than expected!

The Moonrise Attitude which is in the forum Was once mine! Now some Ba**ard has stolen it and probably dont even know what it is! Just likes the pretty colours!!

Please please please please get in touch with me should you have ANY info on its whereabots as this bike has serious sentimental value! Not to mention how hard they are to come across nowadays!! This was once my race bike for comps!!! She belongs with me . . . .

Thanks all you guys and gals out there who have already been a great help and providing some useful tips! All you international peeps too...

There is an ad for its return on Ebay should you wish to check it out as there IS A REWARD !! - item no. 7234671199

Thanks again to everyone ( NOT THE THIEF! )

Regards Del x

Attachments

• my 94 ATT FOR SITES !.jpg
    my 94 ATT FOR SITES !.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2,342
Hello to all of you!

I am a biker from Barcelona (Spain) and this is my mtb, a '01 ScottUSA Expert Racing.

Mibicienlaactualidad.jpg

Nowadays, this is not a retrobike but I hope it will be one of these in ten years :LOL:.

Greetings and happy trails! ;)

Welcome to all.

Good luck in getting the Klein back :evil:

MRIO":17gpw3ic said:
Nowadays, this is not a retrobike but I hope it will be one of these in ten years :LOL:

:LOL:

Yo..

Been mountain biking since about '88.. I bought a Peugeot Alpina with 15 friction gears. It weighed about 40lbs I reckon.. Hahaha it was great fun, I used to spin over the South Downs with a coupla mates [on Saracen Tufftrax's] in the UK in a pair of jeans, jumper and a giant Specialized styrofoam thing on my head..

Then moved onto a Marin Palisades Trail, second hand 88 model, with Exage Trail 18 indexed gears and it was awesome...

Raced a Saracen Trekker Comp [U-brakes both ends!!!] for a few years in the Sussex Nutters Series, then bought a Cannondale SM1000 when I was 16.. Had a FlexStem and Suntour XC Comp gears I remember.. Lovely bike..

But the steel was calling me back so I moved to an Orange Clockwork ['93ish], then the C-16R ['95ish], then an Independent Fabrication Deluxe in 2000..

Then I moved to Sydney, Australia in 02 and nearly broke the poor Deluxe so sold it [Big Mistake!] moved to my current ride, an Intense Uzzi SL.. Hardcore XC rig..

I haven't got my RetroRide yet, but that's why I've joined this forum really.. Got most parts to put one together, original Crossmax, original SIDs, Race Face turbines [non low pro].. Looking for a Fat frame.. Yo Eddy! would be perfecto.. Just need to find the right paint job.. Medium Green/Aqua horizontal fade.. Mmmmm..

scant":21wwenb6 said:
where abouts in Sydney dude? i was on hols visiting the inlaws in feb on the northern beaches :)

Mate, 2095 Boy right here.. Manly of course ;) You headed back this way? Did you do any riding whilst you were here? I'm spinning around the Dam Sunday morning ..

slightly further up the road in warriewood.(2102/1?)
I rode everyday, (excuse my spelling!) in & around oxford falls( trail crossing the wakehurst parkway), garigal (& up past the temple) & kuringai chase, with a rare road ride into the city.

I wont be going back anytime soon!

Is there much of a retro scene in OZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back