The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ken":w6k2q392 said:
Member 10502":w6k2q392 said:
The Ken":w6k2q392 said:
Member 10502":w6k2q392 said:
hello, i just wanted to know how much a gt xizang frame is worth? i have no pics of my own, but its the same as this one i found on google

cheers

That pic has no rear hanger.

What size and year is it? ubrake or v-brake model? - anything from £200 to £400 depending on model and condition. any cracks would take it down to scrap value which is about £80 IIRC

can anyone please confirm the value? its a 1997 v brake model. no cracks or dents. it has no decals on it, but its in reasonably good condition and the metal should polish up quite nicely. it currently belongs to a friend, whos willing to sell it, so id like to know how much i should offer him for it. i have no pictures and im unsure of the size. it looks like a 17" but the frame is quite short. it does have a mech hanger, it looks to be integrated to the frame

cheers

Sorry but it is hard to give an exact value as it is all very speculative, that said if it is in fine condition and between friends then £320 (frame only) won't be ripping either of you off. If you are well off and he is poor chuck in another £50 to soften the blow of having to sell his xizang.

Also - double check it is a Xizang - it will have made in USA stamped on it somewhere (mine is on the BB) and a flat end cap on the top tube.

A complete xizang went for about £650 recently which was less than a few expected but around what I thought for this time of year (near xmas).here is is .. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT-XIZANG-18-TITA ... 19c04a95c6

thanks. the frame in question is actually the same model/year as the one you put in the link. the serial no's are very similar. though you've valued it at a fair bit more than hes asking. i will need to tidy it up a bit though

thanks

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ooops!

Really sorry! Posted a new thread ( new to selling) instead of replying to this one, not sure how to delete it. HELP!

New to this selling lark

Hi
I,m new to selling on the internet so would be grateful of a little help with ideas on prices, any advice would be welcome, good or bad.

Attachments

• Gillings Photos 007.jpg
    Gillings Photos 007.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,643
  • Gillings Photos 015.jpg
    Gillings Photos 015.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,643
  • Gillings Photos 018.jpg
    Gillings Photos 018.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 1,643
  • Gillings Photos 012.jpg
    Gillings Photos 012.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,643
KenG:

Roughly:

Acera mech £5
Cantis £12ish
Booster £5
Seatpost £8-10 (based on having same post purchased on here for £9 and selling it for £7)

coomber":23x2hko9 said:
KenG:

Roughly:

Acera mech £5
Cantis £12ish
Booster £5
Seatpost £8-10 (based on having same post purchased on here for £9 and selling it for £7)

Same booster just sold for £15 posted on ebay

Really? As always these are just my guesses. I'm happy to get more accurate interpretations.

I got a pair of boosters at a cycle jumble a few months back for £2. No name silver ones but nice none the less. I'll admit I don't know anything about these hence my estimate on price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back