Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spike's Chris Chance track bike

• Citoyen du monde's Bob Jackson short wheelbase tandem

• Flyingfinn's 1987 531 Bromwich

• Total voters
Without getting too off-topic, I take it my saddle angle here would incur the displeasure of the 'style police' too no doubt.

P9260206.jpg

Spokesmann":3ehcwyf3 said:
Without getting too off-topic, I take it my saddle angle here would incur the displeasure of the 'style police' too no doubt.
Of course! This is a beauty contest. On the other hand, at least it's in keeping with the period of the bike, unlike the nylon toestraps. I'd definitely knock off points for the untrimmed mudguard stays as well!

one-eyed_jim":3rrkks9l said:
Spokesmann":3rrkks9l said:
Of course! This is a beauty contest. On the other hand, at least it's in keeping with the period of the bike, unlike the nylon toestraps...

Ouch! :LOL:

This is much more fun than the mtBOTM, it's all just glittery photo's there and details are all lost in brand/person loyalty.

I quite enjoy the ripping apart comments, they have put 'in my opinion and it should be taken as that'. Its not mine and doubt the rider cares.

Nice to see how others think and see when they look at a bike.

Official rBoTM Oct 2010 result

1. Lemond Fan's 1991 Greg Lemond/Calfee Z Team Replica

2. Spike's Chris Chance track bike

3. Old Ned's 1973 Dave Russell

If the top three would like some RB stickers PM me your address and I'll pop some in the post.

Thanks to everyone that voted for my bike well pleased, I was worried by the Chris Chance especially the photography that was awesome, and Old neds stead got me slightly nervous one of the closest three way contests so far seen on rbotm.

Thanks Again

Tim

Good result, thanks to everyone who voted for mine and congrats to the ones above me.

Now to get the next DR ready!!

Old Ned":1axhsbc2 said:
Good result, thanks to everyone who voted for mine and congrats to the ones above me.

Now to get the next DR ready!!

Remember you must have different decals next time otherwise the style police will be after you. ;)

changes to Jan Janssen 1976

Better late than sorry. To make in more in the era it belongs.
a.) Other rear mech Shimano 105 due to bigger freewheel (28t.)
b.) Pedals, no more Looks but pedals with toeclips and new straps including strapends
c.) Tressostar bartape and older type ends.
d.) Sachs-Huret ''computer'' on the wheel. instead of an electronic one.
f2owag.jpg

Back