2011......This will offend retro riders, please do not look!

CalaisWoodBurner":3pbumkpq said:
...however I can only assume that it will be 6.3Lb, and as designed by BR, be able to survive 3 direct atomic strikes, single handed wipe out the eastern block and destroy anything that gets in its way.

Kev (who is sticking to his Rag Ti for 2011 !)

Yes but nothing will aligned properly

They appear to be melting. What fugly frames... Im going off to look at a proper double diamond...

Re: 2011......This will offend retro riders, please do not l

graham1975":wvkg3xyt said:
OOOH and Ragley says if you want to stick a 180mm fork on it.... its cool..

But why? it'd be interesting handling at the extremes of travel (+ & - )
On the other hand i've been looking at Charge's 2011 line up andl i like th look of the duster(steel naturally)

Maybe I'm being totally dense but what's the cable running up to the saddle for? (On the one that's some kind of Moto-X lovechild)

MP3 connector?
For administering chalfont preparation after some huge dropoff that needed 180mm of suspension travel?

I wonder what it's like to ride uphill out of the saddle... :LOL:

Just think though, the uglier frames become (and I by no means think modern = ugly generally - just ugly = ugly) the prettier your Fats and Kleins and Ritcheys will be considered.

Win win.

:LOL: @ JB666's Tree/ Chicken Korma comment...even though I htink the grey one is probbaly uglier.

hamster":28uuazwt said:
Maybe I'm being totally dense but what's the cable running up to the saddle for? (On the one that's some kind of Moto-X lovechild)

MP3 connector?
For administering chalfont preparation after some huge dropoff that needed 180mm of suspension travel?

Its so you can drop the saddle down and then put it back up to a pre-set hight.......kind of like a Hite-Rite but 20 years later and 20 times more expensive :roll:

hamster":1obxdwh3 said:
Maybe I'm being totally dense but what's the cable running up to the saddle for?

It's for the handlebar mounted spring loaded lockout for saddle height.

hamster":1k18hpok said:

MP3 connector?

The cable is to drop the seat post at the push of a button (pressurised).
In practice they actually work really well.

The long travel on those bikes would be completely and utterly lost on me, but then when I see the younger kids making 40ft+ jumps at my local trails, I realise that these things are probably perfect for the job.

For that reason alone I think they are great.

As for riding uphill on one, virtually impossible. But not designed to do so.
Different strokes...

Back