Local Bike Shop....

Elmo

Old School Hero
Hi all,after much net searching for an elusive rerto 1.8 rear tyre I gave my LBS a try.
SHOCK HORROR.......They had one!!!!!
A nice new Specialized Storm Control 1.8 skin wall......Cool.
Then I noticed a glint of 3D violet in a display cabinet and unearthed a pair of Middleburn QR`s.....Very Cool.
I talked to Simon the owner about other retro stuff and he said that they had other old tyres (umma gummas,Z-max,Storm control,panaracer)at special prices.
I asked about granny ring spacers for XT cranksets (I need some)...He`s got some.
We talked about the prices that second hand XT thumbshifters are selling for....He has`nt got any......But has got BRAND NEW DEORE DX THUMBSHIFTERS!!!!!
So it appears that the net has lost out to the LBS.

Long live the Local Bike Shop.

"Pheonix Cycles"
01323 729060

Simon (owner) or Max (mechanic)

Good find :D
It's often worth a trawl round your local shops if you're after retro kit. Most will have some old kit.

City Cycles

City Cycles in Chichester have plenty of annodised bits, give them a call on 01243 539992.

local bike shop

Elmo,

Do you if your local bike shop has any old stuff left (mainly tyres) - I cant get through on the number.

Cheers,

Rascal

Hi Rascal,just checked the number in the Yellow Pages and its the same..
Keep trying.

Aha! Phoenix Cycles, the Old Eastbourne Legacy!

I grew up with that shop [when I lived in the UK!].. The father/son owner combo..

I always thought [and this is freaking me out that I remember..] that the number was 290605.. But I could be wrong..

I heard that the new Evolution Cycles shop in Eastbourne is menna be pretty good?

Local Bike Shop

Hi,drove past the shop yesterday and the number checks out on the shop front.

Back