Modified Manitou 1

jonnyretro

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So, I had a set of butchered Manitou 1's that I bought off of Messiah a while ago so I could save them. The lowers were fine but the uppers were only good for the skip. They have been a desk ornament at work for the last few months.
On Saturday I met Hilts who delivered a set of Manitou 4's to me. These happened to have an Englund Total Air conversion.
:idea: Brain starts ticking...
A few modifications later and I now have these...
main.php

A classic set of Manitou 1's with 65mm of 'modern' air sprung lovliness.
How cool is that?

That's :cool: A good save. I remember when they came out. The best of the 1st generation suspension forks. BITD i stupidly bought Rockshocks :oops: what crap they were.

jonnyretro":nbcw29um said:
A classic set of Manitou 1's with 65mm of 'modern' air sprung lovliness.How cool is that?

you know that I'm going to need to try those out Jonny :D

MadCowKev":lh6ytrys said:
jonnyretro":lh6ytrys said:
A classic set of Manitou 1's with 65mm of 'modern' air sprung lovliness.How cool is that?

Not before I do!
They need to came apart again for tweaking. They need a spacer to jack them up 10mm as on full travel the crown brushes the tyre :shock: Could be interesting!

jonnyretro":sacjva7p said:
MadCowKev":sacjva7p said:
jonnyretro":sacjva7p said:

Not before I do!
They need to came apart again for tweaking. They need a spacer to jack them up 10mm as on full travel the crown brushes the tyre :shock: Could be interesting!

I thought i was official test rider for 'Jonnyretro Inc'? :LOL:

Will try to get my hands on some Englund cartridges for when you finalise the design though.

Ps - Forks you sent last week are ace! Ride really well!

Back