Setting up Tektro 'Power Hanger'

If your lever looks like this underneath, then its what I'd call a conventional brake lever (XC pro crom SJS cycles):
21724_1.jpg

The thing with the spring tension is that it really isn't that important to setting the brake up, the springs are only for pulling the pads away from the rim. If they don't retract enough then increase the tension until they do. You've probably found that the barrel adjuster on the brake lever only really changes one arm, the side with the cable clamp. This is normal and this pad will wear faster as this arm will contact the rim first (in my experience). In general, higher tension makes the brake feel better (IMHO).
Not so sure about the cable angle question, it may lower the power a bit but you'll be increaing it by using the cam so swings and roundabouts.

Aye. . . them's the levers . .

I'll have another play during daylight hours and see if I can get this thing sorted..

thanks for chiming in matey.. appreciate your input :cool:

Hydraulic :?

Wouldn't work too well with the internal cable routing for the back methinks..

marin man":34jzu5bw said:
Zip ties.....not aesthetically pleasing maybe but will do the job :LOL: :LOL:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dude . . . . that would be sacrilege... got to be kept clean. tidy and 'nice'...

Gotta be right or I won't want to ride it . . . .

And it is a superbly clean looking frame :cool:

IDB1":3a4ddgtg said:
marin man":3a4ddgtg said:
Zip ties.....not aesthetically pleasing maybe but will do the job :LOL: :LOL:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dude . . . . that would be sacrilege... got to be kept clean. tidy and 'nice'...
<Troll mode>
"Clean, tidy and 'nice'"? On a GT frame? With all that extra, superfluous metal in the "Triple Triangle" design?

Bwahahahaha
</Troll mode> :twisted: :twisted: ;)

Back